TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Rant - May 1st 2021, 03:30 PM

I am so fed up

I am a resident in Switzerland I hold a Swiss
Resident permit.

I need to be back in Switzerland as soon as possible because legally I have to be there a certain amount of time each year otherwise they will take my residence away

I am currently in Britain and I am currently deal with life family issues here in the uk.

I can easily travel back for a week and just fly back to england but the problem I have is all the PCR tests at the airport they are so expensive!!!

I’m just so frustrated right now my life is all about travelling between the 2 and I just can’t I am fed up
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Rant - May 1st 2021, 04:09 PM

I completely understand why you feel frustrated about this, and I can't imagine how hard it is to not be able to enjoy both aspects of your life right now. I know that the situation regarding travel has been hard on a lot of people since covid started last year, so living between two countries complicates that even more for you. I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now.

I'm not sure what the rules are about travelling between countries are right now because it isn't something I do much of, but with any luck the travel restrictions will ease soon and you'll be able to move about more again. I'm sorry I don't have a whole lot of advice to offer, but I wanted you to know I hear you, and I hope you're holding up okay.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Rant - May 2nd 2021, 05:12 AM

I completely understand why you would be frustrated as I would be to! It sounds like it definitely has an impact on your life and it will have to have an impact on every aspect of you and your life. I'm sorry to have to go through this and if you ever need to talk, please let me know.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Re: Rant - May 2nd 2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
I completely understand why you would be frustrated as I would be to! It sounds like it definitely has an impact on your life and it will have to have an impact on every aspect of you and your life. I'm sorry to have to go through this and if you ever need to talk, please let me know.
I just don’t understand how they can charge 150 pounds to leave and 200 on return to Britain on top of plane tickets train tickets it used to be so cheap to fly between the 2

I’m so sick of this world
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Rant - May 2nd 2021, 12:44 PM

I imagine the reason why all the costs are so high is to help prevent the spread of Covid from other countries. While cases in Switzerland are much lower than the UK, there are still active cases. The government is trying to get people to understand that unless there is a real reason for travel, to not do it. A lot of people have been travelling even around the UK for silly reasons, willingly knowing they're going to get fined and are content with receiving one.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how necessary are your travel requirements right now, and whether or not you feel willing to accept that travelling from country to country right now, comes with quite literally, a cost.

If you have to travel for an exceptionally good reason, you could seek out advice either from perhaps the Citizens Advice Bureau in the UK, or something similar in Switzerland and see what they can suggest.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,398, Level: 46 Points: 107,398, Level: 46 Points: 107,398, Level: 46

Re: Rant - May 22nd 2021, 02:35 PM

Hello,

I hope you are doing okay with all of this that was happening and you we're able to travel. I know when other people want to travel to different places because of the type of jobs they have or they need to see family members to help them out with what they are going through and it is crazy right now. I'm sorry it wasn't good for you. I hope everything is going well for you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,