TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Obsession. - November 23rd 2021, 04:45 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So this year has been better and worse in some ways then last year. We were in lockdown for 4 months due to Covid-19, my Grandmother passed away, I started my teaching degree to which I've been passing my units/subjects, I changed gyms that will be beneficial for me, I changed weekend jobs, my boyfriend and I moved houses and we got ourselves a bunny. A lot has happened this year which, I believe, has caused my anxiety to sky rocket. I constantly am on edge and fear that I will lose my second/weekend job due to past experiences with prior managers and lately, I feel like I have become fixated with money. I constantly have to be studying, working or preoccupied with a personal goal of mine. I don't get satisfaction until I get paid and see the numbers go up in my bank account. I never used to be like this. I've got a lot on my plate right now and I keep piling more and more on it. I work a full time job from Monday - Friday, a weekend job where my hours vary from Friday night to Sunday, I'm tutoring a friends nephew once a week and now this Saturday night, I said yes to a photography freelancing job. In between, I have to catch up on my studying as well as seeing family and friends and I'm in the process of writing a book. I'm exhausted and I'm a wreck.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Obsession. - November 23rd 2021, 12:20 PM

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear you're struggling right now. It really does seem like you have a lot on your plate and, for some reason, you keep adding more obligations to your already hectic schedule! Have you spoken to someone about why you might be doing this? They might try to help you figure out the underlying issue, even if it's something you're not fully aware of as you do these things. I don't think anyone should be loading themselves with so much to do, even while already feeling the burn-out.

I really do suggest speaking to someone. I understand your schedule is busy, but it'd be better to make time to speak to a professional than adding more unnecessary obligations. Remember, your mental health and physical well-being really do matter. I'm serious, please do take care of yourself.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Obsession. - November 24th 2021, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust. View Post
Hey there, I am so sorry to hear you're struggling right now. It really does seem like you have a lot on your plate and, for some reason, you keep adding more obligations to your already hectic schedule! Have you spoken to someone about why you might be doing this? They might try to help you figure out the underlying issue, even if it's something you're not fully aware of as you do these things. I don't think anyone should be loading themselves with so much to do, even while already feeling the burn-out.

I really do suggest speaking to someone. I understand your schedule is busy, but it'd be better to make time to speak to a professional than adding more unnecessary obligations. Remember, your mental health and physical well-being really do matter. I'm serious, please do take care of yourself.

Thank you for your reply! I really do appreciate it.

I am seriously considering seeing a mental health professional to get some advice and feedback from them in regards to why I'm doing what I am.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Obsession. - November 24th 2021, 10:48 PM

Good luck, keep us updated on what happens.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Obsession. - November 25th 2021, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust. View Post
Good luck, keep us updated on what happens.
I will do, thank you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,291, Level: 47 Points: 109,291, Level: 47 Points: 109,291, Level: 47

Re: Obsession. - November 28th 2021, 03:37 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with all of this and I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now. When we have so much going on and then things keep happening to us that are upsetting, this can bring us down and make us feel upset more and we may not know what to do or how to be okay with what is happening. If you are able to find something to help you get your mind off of this for a while, try doing that. For example putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book to read for a while or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or family member or something else that you enjoy doing and try that for a while. I hope that you will be okay with everything that is happening.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Obsession. - November 29th 2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with all of this and I hope that you are feeling a little bit better now. When we have so much going on and then things keep happening to us that are upsetting, this can bring us down and make us feel upset more and we may not know what to do or how to be okay with what is happening. If you are able to find something to help you get your mind off of this for a while, try doing that. For example putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book to read for a while or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or family member or something else that you enjoy doing and try that for a while. I hope that you will be okay with everything that is happening.

Thank you for your reply, I will.

Closed Thread