TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 03:03 AM

Desantis has lost popularity to Trump over the past several months and finally decided to call off his campaign. Not sure how this will affect the Florida people: I haven't liked Desantis' ideas post-COVID and sort of wanted him out even if the most likely means were that we would become our president. He has since been more concerned with school textbooks, making conservative retirees comfortable, and "don't say gay" than he has with property costs, native Floridians, affordable housing, and the skyrocketing cost of home insurance. Though if he lost against Biden, we may have had another influx of rich retired Desantis fans into the state, making the above problems worse.

But the key takeaway here is that it will likely be another race of Trump against Biden. What are your thoughts on that? Unfortunately it seems that this is the best our country could come up with. I don't agree with a lot of conservative policies except for less strict COVID restrictions. That was one of the biggest reason that I actually did vote for Trump in 2020. Today, I feel the democrat candidate is boring and weak on issues while the Republican one now has a lot of baggage. We saw some of the worst inflation this country has ever seen under Biden, but some very contributing policies also went into place under Trump. This will be an interesting election for sure. I feel like expanded social programs, such as medicaid would help a lot of people. I also believe in socialized medicine, less military funding, and marijuana legalization, but Biden hasn't done shit for any of those issues that I am left-leaning about. I don't agree with removing the ACA either though.

What are your predictions for the election?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 09:01 AM

To be honest, I haven't really been following the election as much as I should have as I don't live in the US but I thought that Trump was banned from running for another election.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 03:27 PM

I’m pretty scared about this election. I’m LGBTQ+, assigned female at birth, am disabled, and use Medicaid. I need the left leaning services but after the job Biden has done I don’t know if he will get reelected.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 04:34 PM

I won't disclose who I have my eyes on but this particular individual is in a party that I've never bothered to think twice about before in the past. Unfortunately, this candidate is victim of ridiculous smear campaigns by the opposing candidate(s).
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 06:30 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Desantis would have been an amazing person to be the president. Trump all the way. He's so good. We need him to win. [/size][/color][/font]
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 23rd 2024, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui. View Post
I’m pretty scared about this election. I’m LGBTQ+, assigned female at birth, am disabled, and use Medicaid. I need the left leaning services but after the job Biden has done I don’t know if he will get reelected.
Joe Biden has not done shit for affordable care or medicaid expansion in states like Florida that don't have it for non-disabled impoverished people (one reason I don't like our Republican governor anymore). And good luck qualifying for disability in my state. Nothing useful or helpful has happened under Biden. His biggest gig is that his name isn't Donald Trump. People still want what they have always wanted: affordable housing, affordable healthcare, protection from big businesses like insurance companies. We don't even have proposals for any of that. Biden is just a constant reminder that nobody important seems to care about these issues. If not the left candidate, then WHO?

I really don't understand the move of running again just "to beat Trump". He is literally the worst candidate for the job.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 23rd 2024, 08:41 PM

The thing I like about Nikki Haley is that she wants to enforce congressional term limits and place the maximum age of running for president at 75. She's very young compared to Biden and Trump As for the wall, I think she needs to turn the focus to mediating with Mexico and those other countries those people are coming from instead of spending billions from taxpayers money to build a wall. We are already $26 trillion in debt and I just read that the United States has about fifteen or twenty years before it defaults. That'd be a pretty fucking pathetic headline: "US, once the source of great economic power hits the debt ceiling and is now in default. UK, Canada, Australia uncertain what to do."

>_<
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 23rd 2024, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch. View Post
The thing I like about Nikki Haley is that she wants to enforce congressional term limits and place the maximum age of running for president at 75. She's very young compared to Biden and Trump As for the wall, I think she needs to turn the focus to mediating with Mexico and those other countries those people are coming from instead of spending billions from taxpayers money to build a wall. We are already $26 trillion in debt and I just read that the United States has about fifteen or twenty years before it defaults. That'd be a pretty fucking pathetic headline: "US, once the source of great economic power hits the debt ceiling and is now in default. UK, Canada, Australia uncertain what to do."

>_<
I don't feel there should be a maximum age. Some people are mentally well-intact deep into their 90s.