TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmberS9109 Offline
I'll Be There For You =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 10,697, Level: 15 Points: 10,697, Level: 15 Points: 10,697, Level: 15

Question Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 12:15 AM

I grew up in a Catholic environment. From age 6 - 8, I went to Religion classes. I ended up graduating from First Communion. I used to go to church with my grandma. But now I feel I've lost faith since my grandma, grandpa, and mom died. I like to speak to "God" when I'm having troubles, and I like to think that my grandparents and mom are in Heaven because I can't stand the thought of them suffering anymore than they already have. But when my mom died, I felt like I lost faith. I felt like, if there is a God, he wouldn't have taken the person that was my best friend and main supporter away from me. It was really hard. I just don't know anymore... do I consider myself Catholic? Atheist? I don't know... I'm confused.

Two is better than one.
Amber + Stephen ♥ 11.15.09
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 04:38 AM

Do you believe in a god or other higher being? It can be the Christian or Catholic god even if you don't follow all of the practices you were taught of that religion.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17

Re: Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 04:46 AM

Don't worry about labeling yourself as anything, just focus on what you believe. It's okay if it doesn't seem to fit into any label.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21 Points: 22,302, Level: 21

Re: Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 08:32 AM

First, what you were or have done in the past has absolutely no bearing on what you should think of yourself as now. Just because you grew up Catholic doesn't mean you have to continue to think of yourself as Catholic if you don't want to. What's important is to figure out what you believe. Once you know that you can pick a label that suits you if you like, or you can just forgo the label and be yourself. Neither is wrong.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17

Re: Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 09:20 PM

You are confused by your religion and how you would label it. You aren't the only one,I'm confused pretty much myself.
Anyways,I agree,labeling doesn't mean anything. It is only important in what you believe. Just...focus on that part.
I think you shouldn't look at the past belief/religion,just in what you believe NOW. Most people believe in God,then they don't believe...and when they're having troubles,they believe again.

And there is a thing about Christianity that people are on earth as long as they have a job by God. That to me,isn't the case though. Not sure if I believe in that either.

that is my opinion.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

Re: Confused about my religion. - July 3rd 2010, 10:24 PM

It's troubling to be confused about religion. I was confused for 10 years. But the thing is, if you don't feel the way your believe is correct. Look at other religons, pick up a book from the library and really read through. I was born Luthuren, became Wiccan and now I'm Muslim. If the changes aren't noticable, it helped to know that if I had support from my family on whatever route i chose is good.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Closed Thread