TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

Lightbulb Kinda lonely? - May 28th 2013, 04:11 AM

Hey, guys!

I've been single for a little over a year now. I'm pretty happy as a single person (I'm a bit of a solitary person by nature), and I'm confident with just being myself. Recently I've been really longing for the closeness of a relationship, though. There's a guy or two that I like, but as I'm home-schooled and I only see them on rare occasions, that avenue is closed. Due to financial and educational reasons, I've been forced to put off going to college for another year. This means no dating in college (like I was hoping I'd be able to do), so even that's a no-go.

I guess the point of this post is simply to ask: What's a single girl with no opportunities for a boyfriend to do? How could I make these little bouts of lonely feelings a bit less frequent? Any ideas? I'm at a loss, lol.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Kinda lonely? - May 28th 2013, 02:09 PM

Loneliness is caused when we feel a lack of attention from others. So this means that being in a relationship isn't the only way to fix it, which is a good thing!
Do you have any friends you could spend some extra time with? Even if they aren't that close, this is a good opportunity to get to know any acquaintance you have. Are you able to contact the guys you like and just hang out sometime? You don't necessarily have to attend the same school as someone to be ale to see them
Another option is to spend some more time with your family. Even if you think you don't like them that much, you might have fun just watching a movie or going out to dinner together.
One last option I can think of is to join a club or a sport so that you can meet new people and have fun while you socialize. There are usually art classes or cooking classes offered in lots of places, so you could start there.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Kinda lonely? - May 29th 2013, 03:46 AM

I know a woman who I've known since high school who is like that; she's either got a really secret love-life or she's just not interested in that stuff right now. You remind me a lot about her. I don't even know her that much, but I'm sure she's had natural desires for mating and all that stuff, but she spends a lot of time with her friends. I think that you just need more interaction with people since you're home-schooled. Part of growing up is gaining social skills, and school kind of helps with that; if you don't have enough interaction with people, then you're probably gonna feel that loneliness. If you spend a lot of times with your friends but you still feel lonely, then what's wrong with pursuing people? Marriage is different than dating; it's not like you need a certain qualification in order to date people because dating is just the initial step. If they don't like the fact that you're home-schooled down the road or something along those lines, you break up. There's no contract in relationships. In my experience, pursuing people helped deal with my loneliness because at least I was trying to do something about it. Just do something.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

Re: Kinda lonely? - May 29th 2013, 03:54 AM

Keeping busy helped me. Working, school, walks, stalking birds with a camera, walking my dog more often. My dog is my bestie

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Just Breathe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natalia

Points: 7,137, Level: 12 Points: 7,137, Level: 12 Points: 7,137, Level: 12

Re: Kinda lonely? - June 6th 2013, 02:15 PM

Hey Anna

I'm home schooled as well
And I really like this guy that I see once a week..
So i know what u mean
Anyways.

If you really like him then ask him if he wants to hang out at the mall or something.
If not then go to the park
Go to the mall (u can always meet people there)
I love going on adventures lol
Even if its just getting lost in the store
Any friends to hang out with?
If so then hang out with them.
I don't have many friends so I'm not sure how it all works lol

Hope I helped!

Stay Strong <3

Sticks and stones break your bones,
I know what you're feeling
Words like those won't steal your glow,
you're one in a million" ~ Britt Nicole
Closed Thread