TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42

Unhappy Feeling a bit lonely. - June 6th 2010, 10:12 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well, recently I've been feeling a bit lonely. I see people on Facebook saying stuff like "Going out tonight with so and so..." or when I'm working late night when the shops are trading later or when I go out shopping on the weekends, I see people with their girlfriend/boyfriend or their friends and I think to myself "Why can't I go out just for a few hours and forget about everything?" Yeah I do go out with friends and stuff but not on a regular basis like most people do. Some people I know go out every weekend with their boyfriend/girlfriend or friends and it hurts. I know this sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself but I just don't want to feel like this anymore.
I'm just sick of my parents comparing me to other kids that aren't even their own. It's fucking killing me on the inside. I just want to fucking be somewhere on my own, being independant and just fucking forget about everything like going to the UK, living MY life and doing things that only I want to do.
What can I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17

Re: Feeling a bit lonely. - June 6th 2010, 12:18 PM

this topic isnt triggering for me at all,first to say that.
well,i get that youre lonely and i read you have stuff to do instead of going out.you said that parents compare you to other teens that arent theirs,but what i dont get is that why you dont just go out every weekend.i see that no one is really stopping you.
well yeah you work as you said and do shopping.and you have friends.but still dont go out.just throw stuff out of your mind and hang out,it is important to socialize.as i get your story,nothing is stopping you to have fun on the way.

and as for being on your own,you can wait till youre officially adult,in Australia.then talk about that with your parents.that you would like to be on your own.and tell them how you feel when they compare you,thats killing you on the inside.parents have to know everything about their children.and if they wont,they cant help.and if they dont listen,try again.or simply tell your friend about it.thats what theyre for,and listeners.as long as you let these things out,everything will be fine. and i wish everything gets better.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.
Closed Thread