TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KingWikiWiki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,564, Level: 12 Points: 7,564, Level: 12 Points: 7,564, Level: 12

Question Dry humping? - October 1st 2012, 03:47 PM

Ok so yesterday I was with a few friends at the local arena hanging out and watching hockey. This girl and I have a thing so for about 10 minutes before everyone went home we went outside in the back area of the arena. Well I was hugging her and holding her while she was leaning up against a wall. We kissed a couple times but never made out. Then all of a sudden she slid her body up against the wall a little bit so her vagina was against my penis. She started rubbing hers against mine, so dry humping. I'm 14 and my immediate thought was am I ready. No it's not vaginal or oral sex but it's pretty close to it. I didn't engage in anything myself I just stood there. She did it for about a minute and then stopped when I think she got the hint. Later when we had all gone home I talked to her about it saying I'm not sure at 14 we are ready. She kept telling me "it's fine, it's like grinding your friend". I told her I loved kissing her and holding her. I've never gotten into any trouble, I've always had high grades, hadn't kissed a girl until her last week. And then all of a sudden this, I'm not sure whether I should continue with this at my age, or stay away. I also don't know if I'm even ready. Please give any help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: Dry humping? - October 1st 2012, 03:56 PM

If you're questioning whether or not you're ready, chances are that you aren't and if that's the case then so be it. You should do it when you're ready to do it and I'm sure whoever your with will understand that and if they don't then they aren't worth your time. It isn't a rush, it never will be, you should go at your own pace, only do what you feel comfortable and ready to do and in time, you'll be ready to take the next step and so on.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17

Re: Dry humping? - October 1st 2012, 05:21 PM

I think dry humping is pretty normal behavior to engage in at 14. It's not dangerous and it's a good way to ease into sexual activity with someone you care about. You don't have to go any farther than that and it can be done anywhere you have some privacy. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What just happened?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Dry humping? - October 1st 2012, 07:31 PM

Dry humping is a normal activity for people your age. It's a way to be intimate with someone without imposing the risks that come with actual sexual activity, and is much more age-appropriate than having sex with someone at your age, in my opinion. However, just because it's normal doesn't mean you have to do it. When it comes to contact you need to do things at a pace you feel comfortable with. If you don't feel comfortable dry humping, then don't do it yet.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Dry humping? - October 1st 2012, 09:38 PM

It is normal at your age to be grinding/dry humping, but that doesn't mean that you aren't normal for not wanting it. Plenty of people your age just aren't ready for really any kind of sexual contact and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with it. If you aren't ready, then just don't do it, and if she doesn't respect that, then she's not worth your time. Just remember to stay true to your boundaries and feelings, don't do something just because "everyone else is doing it".

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Dry humping? - October 2nd 2012, 01:56 AM

Dry humping is something that kids your age do. I was doing that when I was your age, however, if you're questioning whether or not you should be doing it, then you probably shouldn't. There is plenty of time to engage in sexual activity. There is no rush.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Points: 7,812, Level: 12 Points: 7,812, Level: 12 Points: 7,812, Level: 12

Re: Dry humping? - October 2nd 2012, 02:31 PM

If you don't want to do it, then don't. If, however you do want to do it, then just think a bit about where your boundaries lie. You are perfectly safe with dry humping, but the moment you want to take it further, you want to start thinking about safe sex options. Your age has nothing to do with it IMO. Jews married at your age and earlier, and had fully sexual relationships. In fact, in most cultures the onset of puberty marked the point at which people could get married. The question is not if you are ready at 14, but if you are ready period. Also, you must consider whether you love this girl or not. You don't want to lose it to someone you do not really love. The only way that you will be ready is if you make a decision in a mature manner.

All in the name of adrenalin
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
animkat 8D Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kat

Points: 7,314, Level: 12 Points: 7,314, Level: 12 Points: 7,314, Level: 12

Re: Dry humping? - October 2nd 2012, 11:39 PM

hi im kat and i have done it before but when i was 13 a guy was grinding on me and i told him to stop dont be afraid to say no only do it if u want
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14

Re: Dry humping? - October 3rd 2012, 08:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with being cautious about doing this with a girl.

True, a lot of people our age do this kind of stuff in place of sex, buts just as true that you need to feel comfortable with where you are when it comes to sex.

Understand one more thing I can share from personal experience; a girl and I became "friends with benefits" and did all kinds of fluff short of actual f*cking. But it was while we were dry humping in swim clothes that we almost went too far. Honestly, if I hadn't come when I did, we probably would have had sex WITHOUT A CONDOM.

Nothing wrong with having self control dude. Nothing wrong with setting boundaries.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
JVlifeonstandby Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle Scarlett

Points: 11,375, Level: 15 Points: 11,375, Level: 15 Points: 11,375, Level: 15

Re: Dry humping? - October 3rd 2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWikiWiki View Post
Ok so yesterday I was with a few friends at the local arena hanging out and watching hockey. This girl and I have a thing so for about 10 minutes before everyone went home we went outside in the back area of the arena. Well I was hugging her and holding her while she was leaning up against a wall. We kissed a couple times but never made out. Then all of a sudden she slid her body up against the wall a little bit so her vagina was against my penis. She started rubbing hers against mine, so dry humping. I'm 14 and my immediate thought was am I ready. No it's not vaginal or oral sex but it's pretty close to it. I didn't engage in anything myself I just stood there. She did it for about a minute and then stopped when I think she got the hint. Later when we had all gone home I talked to her about it saying I'm not sure at 14 we are ready. She kept telling me "it's fine, it's like grinding your friend". I told her I loved kissing her and holding her. I've never gotten into any trouble, I've always had high grades, hadn't kissed a girl until her last week. And then all of a sudden this, I'm not sure whether I should continue with this at my age, or stay away. I also don't know if I'm even ready. Please give any help.
Dry humping is a natural and safe way to make your partner orgasm without "taking their virginity". Me and my ex used to do it all the time.

I'm back!
Officially been on HRT 5 months!
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
LoveBites Offline
Master of Heartbreak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eliza

Points: 7,228, Level: 12 Points: 7,228, Level: 12 Points: 7,228, Level: 12

Re: Dry humping? - October 4th 2012, 09:31 PM

I think that it is normal to dryhump at 14.....heck im doing it, im 14
Closed Thread