TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15

Exclamation Period Question. Please help? - October 21st 2012, 05:16 PM

Hii. I'm almost 15, I'm a freshman in high school. And, I've had my period since 4th grade. It's always been regular. Never once irregular until maybe about 2-3 months ago. I always have it at the end of the month. But, one month it came late. And, it was at the beginning of the next month. I had 2 periods that month. The next month, I didn't have one. Last month, I got it at the beginning of the month, and it was SUPER heavy, but short. I would also like to mention that, that month, I started to take water pills. Just for bloating. But, I lost more weight than you should in a month, just in a week. (That was hard to explain within the guidelines of the rules lol.) But, I got very sick from possibly dehydration. Now, my period is like 2 weeks late this month. The month is almost over. Could it be because of the water pills and the dehydration problem? Has anyone had this problem? And, by the way, I'm not sexually active. lol

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Period Question. Please help? - October 21st 2012, 05:19 PM

You're young. It's a simple explanation. Even if you've "always" been regular, that doesn't mean your period is going to stay on the same cycle every month. I've been regular since I had my period in the 6th grade. I've never had any issues with my period, ever. I did skip my period after I had my first one, but I learned that was normal. But, your body is probably just adjusting to a new cycle. It happens, and it's nothing to be concerned over. But, keep in mind that a dramatic weight decrease (or increase) can cause your period to get off it's cycle too. If you're still taking those water pills, I suggest doing more research on them before continuing, or discontinuing use since it's obviously not healthy that you're losing a dramatic amount of weight in a short period of time. Lot's of components have an effect on your period: stress, weight loss or gain, exercise, and even changes in diet.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount56

Edit avatar

Re: Period Question. Please help? - October 21st 2012, 06:32 PM

Hi there,

Your periods can change over time, they arent always going to stay the exact same. I remember having no pain and very regular periods for years but then a few years ago, that changed.

It is possible that the water pills/change in weight could have also affected your period. Speak to your doctor about your concerns and they will be able to advise you further
Closed Thread