TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MetalChick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,599, Level: 11 Points: 6,599, Level: 11 Points: 6,599, Level: 11

Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - February 21st 2013, 12:36 PM

So, my boyfriend and I have been having sex for almost two months now.
We ALWAYS use protection and we ALWAYS check the condom for breaks after we finish. We haven't had sex since Valentine's Day.
I have been extremely sick since August with something that appears to be Mono, but never came up on a test (I was tested for CMV, thyroid problems, liver, kidney, etc. nothing), so I'm always exhausted and my appetite changes. I've also been stressed about school and home life.
I usually have a 5-day window for my period. I usually have 26-29 day cycles and have been three days late before. My cycle also changes sometimes and can be up to 33-35 days. My periods typically last for 8 days.
This month, I have been on Levoquin and Azithromycin this month and my appetite has picked up. Could these changes be causing me to be late?

I'm also a little concerned because my boyfriend and I went for two rounds a couple weeks ago and a little while after he took the first condom off and it started to get heated again, I touched him "down there" and later on while having sex, I started touching myself/putting fingers in (which guys like, apparently). I know it's a long shot, but I'm a worry-wart.

I am not on BC, but I have talked to my doctor about it.

Any intelligent input is definitely appreciated!
Thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - February 21st 2013, 12:57 PM

If you use protection every time, and you're checking it afterwards, from what you've written I think it's doubtful you're pregnant.
Being two days late is really nothing to worry about. You said you've been sick/stressed lately and those are two things that can definitely affect your period. If you're really worried take a pregnancy test, but like I said I doubt you'd be pregnant from what you've written here.

Member since 2005
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
nerual:) Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nerual:)

Points: 7,245, Level: 12 Points: 7,245, Level: 12 Points: 7,245, Level: 12

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - February 24th 2013, 08:04 PM

Very unlikely you're pregnant, most likely due to something else such as the meds or stress from being ill that you're late

Always better to be safe than sorry though, so if you're still worried take a pregnancy test any time after the 28th
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LovinglyOdd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexandra

Points: 6,768, Level: 12 Points: 6,768, Level: 12 Points: 6,768, Level: 12

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - March 1st 2013, 05:20 PM

I think there is no chance for you to be pregnant. Medicines can change the cycle and if you are protected everytime you have sex everything is OK.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - March 1st 2013, 09:16 PM

Like the others said, it's very very unlikely that you'd have anything to worry about, from what you've described!! Periods can be late for loads of reasons, including stress, diet changes, medication... and other things! Two days isn't very long. Don't worry, you're probably fine (: x

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Beetlejuice Offline
I'm apologising in advance >.>
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17 Points: 13,846, Level: 17

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - March 3rd 2013, 10:35 PM

Stress alone once caused me to skip an entire period so I wouldn't worry. From what you've written it sounds like you're fine, I understand the worry though. If you really need your mind settled, talk to your doctor or get tested but I'd recommend waiting about a week, maybe a little less, just to see if it shows up

Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp,
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful,
You might as well live.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Help! My period is two days late and I could use reassurance. - March 4th 2013, 12:33 PM

I've had my period come anywhere between 5 days and 3 weeks late during periods of stress (mental stress, bodily stress etc). The fact of the matter is that if you're sick (or under/overweight, starving, etc.) it can cause irregularities to your period, I'd give it a while longer, 2 days isn't significant even at the best of times. if your still worried despite the fact that we've all reassured you and it still hasn't come then go get a test just to be certain.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread