TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

View Poll Results: Is this normal? What should I do?
Yes, it's normal. Just calm down, everything will be alright. 4 66.67%
It doesn't always happen. But you should chill, even if things don't turn out well. 2 33.33%
I've never heard of this, unless it means you're pregnant. Sorry. 0 0%
You're so screwed. USE CONDOMS YOU IDIOT! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AliciaCalleja Offline
Queen
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia Calleja

Points: 5,493, Level: 10 Points: 5,493, Level: 10 Points: 5,493, Level: 10

Unhappy Late period-FREAKING out - November 25th 2014, 04:41 PM

I just need someone to tell me this usually happens! I'm not a virgin, and this whole month, me and my boyfriend have made love about 4-5 times. We didnt always have time, so he never finished and the first time he did was the first time we decided to use a condom. The next time he did, he had to pull out because haha no condom. The last week of October was the last time i was on my period. I dont know the schedule shit like other girls do, i just wake up, go pee and see it "ohp, hello there annoying friend." It hasnt come yet, and im scared that something is wrong. Ive read the symptoms and i cant be pregnant, especially when im so sure my boyfriend didnt cum inside me and he reassured me as well but still! Some of you must know what thats like, to know your in a very sexual relationship and all of a sudden your late?! That shits scary!! So pleeeaaaaseee, help me or reassure me that everything will be okaaaaayy!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
kaitykay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,295, Level: 10 Points: 5,295, Level: 10 Points: 5,295, Level: 10

Re: Late period-FREAKING out - November 25th 2014, 04:47 PM

don't worry too much! irregular periods are really normal. i only ever got regular periods when i was on the pill. i doubt that you are pregnant. i could be wrong, but judging from the information you've given me, the chances are slim to none. chill
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Late period-FREAKING out - November 25th 2014, 05:55 PM

If your last period was the last week of October then it's only been a month. Periods have a cycle of about 28 days on average, but it varies a lot, especially since you're young and not on any birth control. They can be late for a lot of reasons. Stress, change of diet, change in amount of exercise, etc. When I was 16 I actually went a couple months without a period but everything was fine. Always use condoms, it's not worth the risk and the fear. I also recommend you talk to your mom about getting birth control. If you're going to have sex, be responsible. Use protection and have a plan with your boyfriend in case you get pregnant. Abstaining from sex is the only way to completely prevent pregnancy.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Late period-FREAKING out - November 25th 2014, 06:25 PM

Everybody that has commented is on point. And if you're worried, take a test. In the future, you need to come up with an effective birth control plan, either using condoms consistently and/or getting on a hormonal/non-barrier method, as you do not want to consistently be having these scares.

something burning?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Late period-FREAKING out - November 27th 2014, 05:26 PM

I don't know how much I can contribute since the prior people have largely said everything but I'll try to just get in my words any how

1) It hasn't even been a full month so I wouldn't sweat it much yet, even with tracking your period and birth control, it's normal to fluctuate a bit, like 25-31 days with an average of 27 days or something like that, so even if you did track your period I'd still say to wait on it until you're at least 3-7 days past your maximum range (ex. if the latest that's "norma" is 31, wait for 34 or 38 days until you check), also you can go check sooner if it has been at least 2 weeks since you the sex that could have gotten you pregnant occurred ... so I think you are safe to wait for the time being, it should be fine

2) I didn't always used to know when my period was either, and it used to weird me out cause I would have no idea what was supposed to be happening, I could have gotten my period every 3 weeks or ever 5 weeks for all I knew. I would recommend getting things straightened out, I have an app called "Period Tracker" or "P Tracker" and it helps a lot - it takes a few months until you can have an average but it'll still show you how things go for you.

3) You should get a birth control plan. I am sure that this is obvious, but you really should get on it. If condoms are a problem, get the Nuva Ring or the pill etc (your doc can prescribe the best choice)

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
-Dreamer Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Points: 10,370, Level: 14 Points: 10,370, Level: 14 Points: 10,370, Level: 14

Re: Late period-FREAKING out - November 27th 2014, 08:12 PM

Just a couple of things;

Like others have said, it's only literally been a month. I've always had irregular periods, for the first couple of years anyway. I could of have one, and the next was 28 days later, and after that it was 35 days later and after that it was 40 days later and then I could go back to 25 days! So it is normal for your period to be irregular and it does happen to a lot of girls.

The other thing is... you can get pregnant from pre-cum. It is unlikely but possible. So while he didn't cum inside you, you have to remember about pre-cum! This is not to scare you AT ALL, trust me. But rather just to let you know.

The chances are slim that you are pregnant. I wouldn't start panicking yet. You should give it another couple of days for your period to arrive. If nothing happens, I'd suggest getting a test.

You are pretty young and I can't imagine you would like to have a baby right now. My biggest piece of advise would be too start to use regular protection - be it condoms and/or you using the pill. You should really be protecting yourself. I know, I know...Sometimes when you're in the heat of the moment your mind is elsewhere and not thinking about protection BUT you will have to deal with any consequences that could arise from not using protection.
Closed Thread