TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Period...? - January 27th 2015, 05:51 AM

I have been on a birth control that prevents a period for 3 months at a time. Well, recently I decided to get off it because I'm getting msrried in a few months and I feel it's part of my weight gain issue.

It's been a week and still no period... Usually I get it in 3 days. I've had extremely minimal spotting, painful cramps (usual), and a smell like I've started my period already (I don't know if it's real or my mind is playing with me). I haven't had a period for 3-4 months either.

I do not have a doctor any longer due to a move and I am sexually active. I'm prettt sure I have worns from eating sushi too and I've ordered some stuff to get rid of them if I do (not sure if that would affect period). I am under a lot of stress right now as well.

I'm going to try meditating... But does anyone have any other tips? Also, I'm taking a pregnancy test soon just to be sure. I had a miscarriage about 3 years ago so I'm very nervous about it too.

Help?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LuckyCharmz Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Shannon

Points: 6,038, Level: 11 Points: 6,038, Level: 11 Points: 6,038, Level: 11

Re: Period...? - January 27th 2015, 12:46 PM

Periods can be fickle things. One month they're right on time, when another could be a few days late. When it comes to these month long BC pills, where you don't get your period for those 3 months, your body is going to have to get used to the fact that it's not receiving medication anymore. For the last 3-4 months, you've been depriving your body of a period, one of it's most natural occurrences. It's likely taking a longer period of time to get your period because of this. You may experience spotting or maybe even a period a few weeks after as well, because your body is trying to get acclimated with the fact that it's no longer receiving medication in order to prevent them.

Hope this helped!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

Re: Period...? - January 30th 2015, 07:59 AM

Hey,

I would suggest finding a new doctor - not that not having your period is a large issue, but it is important to be able to talk to a professional when you're worried about your health.

It is common for birth control to mess up your cycle. Like said, it can take your body time to figure out what exactly is going on. For example, a lot of people spot when they first begin the birth control pill. Since you are sexually active it would not hurt to get a pregnancy test just in case. No birth control is 100%. Make sure to read the box properly to make sure you are taking it at the appropriate time, some of the tests are only accurate two weeks after you were supposed to start your period and so forth.

If you're purely going off of the pill for weight gain and other types of concerns other than that you would like to get pregnant, definitely talk to a doctor because there are other options out there. I see that you're getting married, but I also understand that does not always mean people suddenly want children either.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Re: Period...? - February 4th 2015, 03:56 AM

Update:

I took a test a few days after this post was made and it came up negative. I still have not had my period and my nipples are extremely sore (it hurts to even rub them but I do believe that can be due to hormone changes). I'm going to take another test next week to see if it is still negative. I also have a pap scheduled for the 16th of this month.

I feel like my fiance wants me to get pregnant because he was aware of me not being on my birth control and we still had unprotected sex (twice now) and he came in me once. I was going to have him get Plan B because my work hours conflict with the hours of the store that has it and I didn't have the funds in my account. He so happened to forget about it the only days it would have been effective. Then he goes on to tell me that if I am pregnant then everything will be okay and we will still be extremely happy. I have no doubts that we will be happy either way... I just wanted a little bit more wild youth left.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LuckyCharmz Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Shannon

Points: 6,038, Level: 11 Points: 6,038, Level: 11 Points: 6,038, Level: 11

Re: Period...? - February 4th 2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalJade View Post
Update:

I took a test a few days after this post was made and it came up negative. I still have not had my period and my nipples are extremely sore (it hurts to even rub them but I do believe that can be due to hormone changes). I'm going to take another test next week to see if it is still negative. I also have a pap scheduled for the 16th of this month.

I feel like my fiance wants me to get pregnant because he was aware of me not being on my birth control and we still had unprotected sex (twice now) and he came in me once. I was going to have him get Plan B because my work hours conflict with the hours of the store that has it and I didn't have the funds in my account. He so happened to forget about it the only days it would have been effective. Then he goes on to tell me that if I am pregnant then everything will be okay and we will still be extremely happy. I have no doubts that we will be happy either way... I just wanted a little bit more wild youth left.
If you're concerned he might be trying to get you pregnant on purpose, I'd definitely confront him. Tell him that though you'd still be happy if it were to happen, you want to enjoy being a (somewhat) carefree 21 year old. You have plenty of time for babies!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Points: 14,552, Level: 17 Points: 14,552, Level: 17 Points: 14,552, Level: 17

Re: Period...? - February 4th 2015, 04:50 PM

When I usally take my white pill for a couple of months in a row it take a few weeks for my cycle to start again. Hope this helps

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
Closed Thread