TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Egyptstorm Offline
DopeDORK (BatEgypt @ night)
Not a n00b

Name: Egypt aka DopeDORK
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... oh, wait, this is Gotham

Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11

Unhappy Problems w/ Puberty - February 13th 2015, 05:34 PM

[/color][/font]
Okay well I am pretty normal outside of the fact that I'm really tall (my mom is too). I was developing at a comfortable pace and was content with my body... until now.
The problem is that my behind is getting really big. It would be okay if this was a gradual change, but it wasn't. Over the course of a few weeks I couldn't fit my pants over it and putting on uniform skirt for school was a struggle.
I'm trying to understand this because this only happens when I gain weight, but in reality I've lost a lot. Is this abnormal? I wish it would slow down because I don't enjoy the attention from both boys and men it brings. Please Help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
JakeThorne16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,541, Level: 10 Points: 5,541, Level: 10 Points: 5,541, Level: 10

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - February 13th 2015, 10:16 PM

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with something else growing quite out of proportion and drawing unwanted attention as well. While I don't have any advice, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.

Hope things get better!

-JT
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
FireHeart Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Points: 8,056, Level: 13 Points: 8,056, Level: 13 Points: 8,056, Level: 13

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - February 14th 2015, 02:17 AM

Hey there,

I know puberty can be really hard, there are a lot of changes that happen with our body and our mind as we mature, and we may not always(or even often) agree with them. I don't think that your growth is abnormal, many young girls experience growth spurts in those areas. However, if you're really worried you can always go see the doctor to make sure everything's okay and to ease your mind.

However, having a bigger behind than you did before is no cause for anyone ever to make you uncomfortable. If any boys or men have made comments about your body that make you uncomfortable or touched you in any way you don't want that is sexual harassment and you have every right to report it and stand up for yourself. No one has any right to make you feel wrong in your own skin, not even you.

Your body is growing, maybe more or less than you'd like it to, but it's still your body. Your body, just like you, deserves respect and love. I know it's hard, and it's a struggle that can last awhile, but one of the most rewarding things you can possibly do for yourself is learn to accept your body and be comfortable and confident in your own skin.

I hope that this helped and I wish you the best.

HAPPINESS is just waiting for me to take it; I truly believe that now.
~SCARS
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strummer Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,194, Level: 14 Points: 9,194, Level: 14 Points: 9,194, Level: 14

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - February 15th 2015, 03:36 PM

Other gals will offer you puberty advice, but from a guy's point of view, many of us, young and old, see an otherwise slim gal with a big butt as very attractive. Just let nature take its course and enjoy your good looks.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - February 15th 2015, 10:33 PM

Perhaps get another skirt and enjoy the change as much as you can! Don't think about it too much/ stare in front of a mirror. Just realize it's happening to everyone-- it's normal!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Returning Member
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Points: 5,938, Level: 11 Points: 5,938, Level: 11 Points: 5,938, Level: 11

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - February 16th 2015, 06:18 AM

I know it can feel uncomfortable to suddenly be changing but trust me, Its happening to everyone! When I was 13, I didn't have a nice butt like you, but I wasn't the only one who was disproportionate in many other ways :P just keep buying clothes that fit you nicely. As long as you are keeping a steady, healthy diet, know that this is normal and okay.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Egyptstorm Offline
DopeDORK (BatEgypt @ night)
Not a n00b

Name: Egypt aka DopeDORK
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... oh, wait, this is Gotham

Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - March 1st 2015, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. It really helped. I'm still having problems here and there but outside of that, I'm okay. So... thanks again

For the "fat" kids, the geeks, and the "ugly" ones. For the kids with braces or wear taped-together glasses, there is but one hero..... I. Am. That. Hero.
~BatEgypt~
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - March 1st 2015, 10:53 PM

I have a similar problem it's extremely difficult for me to find jeans that fit me properly in the waist (I have a big butt but a skinny waist). So all my jeans end up fitting in the thighs and rear, but being too loose in the waist. Belts don't even help, and end up making the waist part of my pants bunch up. If you're the person who wears jeans when not wearing your school uniform, I'd suggest jeggings or leggings being a part of your regular wardrobe. If you're worried about people noticing your rear maybe invest in some longer shirts/tunics? Again, no one has the right to harass you and if guys/men have, it should be reported.
Hope this helps!

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - March 1st 2015, 11:21 PM

You may feel disproportionate, but your body is adjusting to itself. It starts different way for people; for you, it started height-wise and with your bum. But your hips will widen to provide room for the maturing uterus and you will fill out elsewhere. It may seem scary and make you self-conscious right now, but things will "even out" so to speak before you know it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
JessicaJJ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Points: 5,304, Level: 10 Points: 5,304, Level: 10 Points: 5,304, Level: 10

Unhappy Re: Problems w/ Puberty - March 2nd 2015, 09:23 PM

(hooray lets write a big long post and lose it to bad interwebs )

i feel ur pain, im in a similar situation except its all up top. i constantly feel awkward and alienated due to my size. believe me they make no tops for a girl as skinny as i am with boobs bigger than her head don't get me started on the comments and unwanted attention i get from classmates mae and female... i just wanted to say i feel ur pain... while i might not have advice i do have a friendly ear... feel free to pm me if u ever want to talk
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: Problems w/ Puberty - March 3rd 2015, 05:21 PM

Hi there it's been about a year since I hit puberty, so I know how it feels. I'm still in that phase. Like you I'm tall and skinny, and obviously now this is changing, and it's totally normal and fantastic. Of course it feels strange to suddenly have flesh where you didn't before, but try and enjoy it! You're becoming a woman, and that's something to be proud of. Bear in mind that you're no finished "developing" yet, in fact you've probably just started, so your body is just adjusting to this, and in the end you'll end up with the right proportions for your body type.

Don't be ashamed of your body, value it!

Hope this helps,
Skye

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
Closed Thread