TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

No period. - November 22nd 2017, 11:09 AM

Hey,
So when I was about 19 years old and heavily restricting I lost my period. So I went to the Gynecologist and they put me on birth control and that gave me my period. I went off it a year ago because I hated taking it. Anyways a month later my periods stopped. I refused to go to the dr. But last week I decided to go. She did a lot of blood work to see if anything was wrong there and since I didn't get a call and I say the results on my Kp account I am assuming they are all normal. She gave me a pill (I don't remember the name) To take for ten days and it is supposed to give me my period if nothing is wrong. The thing is I have two days left and haven't gotten my period. Last time I was given a pill like this my period started like 4 days after taking it. This isn't really for advice. I guess I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I know it isn't due to my ED because I am not restricting or purging.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: No period. - November 22nd 2017, 05:08 PM

There are actually a number of different things that can cause a person to not have a period. Weight does play a factor such as being underweight or being overweight and stress can play a factor as well.

Here is a link that gives a run down of some of the common reasons: https://www.whattoexpect.com/preconc...missed-period/

If you are close to being done with the pills they gave and you still haven't had any changes, it might be worth calling the doctor that prescribed the medication. They might not do much until you have completed all the pills. It still can't hurt to call them though.

Even though they took a blood test, there might be other things they can do to try and see what might be causing this. Usually, a blood test is the first course of action.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: No period. - November 25th 2017, 05:54 AM

My weight has NOTHING to do with me not having a period, and neither does stress. Also I didn't post this for advice. I posted this to see if this has happened to anyone else.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: No period. - November 25th 2017, 06:26 AM

I was not saying your weight had anything to do with it only that it can. Looking at my previous post though, I see that I used the phrase 'weight does play a factor' and that isn't what I had originally put. I don't know if it was auto corrected or something but I meant it can as can stress and a number of other factors which is why I included the article with some other common reasons that I have no personal experience with and didn't want to say much on.

Also, I didn't realize that you didn't want advice and the only reason I replied was because it didn't seem like anyone had replied and from my own personal experience stress is what caused me to miss periods and talking to the doctor about it was the only way to get it figured out.

I included advice that was based on some personal experience that I have with missing periods periodically.

Like I said, I can see how the wording might have come off wrong and that wasn't how it was originally worded. I also did re-read the post so I'm no certain how I didn't catch the wording.

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; November 25th 2017 at 07:25 AM.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread