TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rachelll Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 452, Level: 3 Points: 452, Level: 3 Points: 452, Level: 3

Worried for a friend - November 27th 2022, 10:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, because it contains weight figures, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So basically I know this kid/am friends with him. We usually talk about all kinds of stuff but recently we had a conversation about body image and dysphoria and stuff. He ended up saying how he thinks he’s got some kind of growth defect. I thought he meant just like an eating problem bc he’s really skinny (like 90 pounds) and he said no bc he eats a lot so I was really confused. After a few minutes of bugging him about it he told me that his penis keeps growing and that it’s really really long. I asked to see and well he wasn’t lying. He had to like untuck it from between his legs and it was so long it went to his knees. He said it still grows a few more inches too when it gets hard. I started asking him more about it and he said it causes him a lot of problems and he’s scared about it. I’m scared too. Hes 12 years old for reference. Does anyone know more about this kind of stuff or have any advice ?

Last edited by Ennui.; November 27th 2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Adding a prefix since you mentioned weight :)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59

Re: Worried for a friend - November 27th 2022, 10:01 PM

Hey,

That definitely can be scary for sure!

I think the best advice would be for him to see a doctor if this is causing him problems or if he thinks that this is abnormal. I know he may not want to because it is embarrassing, but the doctor can check to see if there is a hormonal or other physical reason why his penis continues to grow like this. Since it is causing him problems, his doctor would be able to tell him if there is any damage or give him suggestions on how he can feel more comfortable in his everyday life.

Maybe he can start off with talking to a family member, such as a parent, or if that's not an option someone like a trusted uncle. They may be able to give him guidance or at least take him to the doctor.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47

Re: Worried for a friend - November 27th 2022, 10:57 PM

Hello,

I also think it's a good idea to see a doctor about what your friend is going through. They know about so much and we can go to them for help and they would know how to help us out so that we feel better soon. If your friend is having a hard time talking about what is going on face to face with them, then how about he writes a little and puts everything in it that he is going through and give this to the doctor to read. Sometimes it can be hard to ask for help with something that we are going through, that's why writing a letter can help because he doesn't have to talk about what he is going through. Then he will still be able to get some help with this. I hope that everything will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Worried for a friend - November 28th 2022, 09:31 AM

Hello!
He probably have a medical condition called "macrogenitosomia". He's not the first with that, dont worry. You can also ask my friends here or PM me if you have more questions.
I strongly recomend to see an urologist for him!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
rachelll Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 452, Level: 3 Points: 452, Level: 3 Points: 452, Level: 3

Re: Worried for a friend - November 28th 2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I also think it's a good idea to see a doctor about what your friend is going through. They know about so much and we can go to them for help and they would know how to help us out so that we feel better soon. If your friend is having a hard time talking about what is going on face to face with them, then how about he writes a little and puts everything in it that he is going through and give this to the doctor to read. Sometimes it can be hard to ask for help with something that we are going through, that's why writing a letter can help because he doesn't have to talk about what he is going through. Then he will still be able to get some help with this. I hope that everything will be okay soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui. View Post
Hey,

That definitely can be scary for sure!

I think the best advice would be for him to see a doctor if this is causing him problems or if he thinks that this is abnormal. I know he may not want to because it is embarrassing, but the doctor can check to see if there is a hormonal or other physical reason why his penis continues to grow like this. Since it is causing him problems, his doctor would be able to tell him if there is any damage or give him suggestions on how he can feel more comfortable in his everyday life.

Maybe he can start off with talking to a family member, such as a parent, or if that's not an option someone like a trusted uncle. They may be able to give him guidance or at least take him to the doctor.
Part of the problem is that his mom doesn’t take him to the doctor regularly and she usually doesn’t take him for other things as well. She does home cures and stuff like that instead
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Worried for a friend - November 28th 2022, 12:37 PM

That's a huge problem. Without checks, surely he will grow a lot more. It isn't good for him! We're not doctors, so without an urologist the situation can be worse.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SofSam Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sofia
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

Re: Worried for a friend - December 2nd 2022, 01:21 AM

Have either of you tried asking her to see a doctor yet? Maybe she'd allow it this time if she knew he was worried about it or something
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lisa3 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 1,414, Level: 5 Points: 1,414, Level: 5 Points: 1,414, Level: 5

Re: Worried for a friend - December 2nd 2022, 06:21 AM

Home cures like these won't work. He will very probably continue to grow. Without a real medic check, he will big, then bigger, then huge. That's an hormone imbalance
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount82

Edit avatar

Re: Worried for a friend - December 26th 2022, 06:34 PM

Hi sorry you and your friend are going through this. I agree with everyone that he should try seeing a doctor at some point but i wanted to add, are you sure "his problems" that you mentioned are unique to him/his condition (or whatever)? He's at the age where there's lots of changes going on witg the body suddenly and that can be freaky/scary, but entirely normal.

I'm not trying to downplay his troubles though, I'm just thinking it might be unnecessarily stressful for either of you to think something is "wrong" with him when that might not actually be the case, yknow? But I'll let you be the judge bc idek what problems he's having

And also, I googled it and 90 pounds is pretty normal at that age, so if that's his actual weight there's probably nothing wrong there. Some people just "wear" their weight differently sometimes
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Chumite Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,077, Level: 6 Points: 2,077, Level: 6 Points: 2,077, Level: 6

Re: Worried for a friend - January 15th 2023, 01:06 AM

Its been a few weeks since anything has happened in this thread and I was wondering if any thing has changed with his situation, like if he's mom finnaly took him to the doctor or if everything's still the same.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread