TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Period. - November 22nd 2011, 11:10 AM

So, my period is really starting to annoy me but I guess that is common with most girls but more so for me due to how annoyingly irregular and unexpected, I guess you'd say, it's is being. I'm on the implant and I've gone from having no period, to having one every two/three months to having one every month that seems to last like two weeks on and off. At the start, I think it starts out pretty normal but after like a week it'll start to become on and off. One minute, I'll be on, the next I'm not and it's starting to annoy me because I don't know whether I'm on my period or not and it sometimes catches me off guard because I won't have anything with me and then it's back again.

Would this be caused by my implant and is there anyway to sort it? 'cause I'm kind of getting sick of not knowing and it just being so damn annoying. The reason I'm on the implant is for period pains because I was too forgetful for the pill and it seems to be doing well in that department but on the period side of things, not so much.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: Period. - November 24th 2011, 06:44 AM

Honestly, there are different things that can make one's period irregular.

First, diet. If you've been losing weight, for example, that can determine your flow.

Hormones. Technically, a woman's period won't become "regular" until she's in her 30's. Though, hormone-based birth controls usually help with this.

Ovary health issues. I'm not going to throw any names around. I don't know what conditions have irregular periods as a symptom, and I don't want to scare you either.

I suggest going to your doctor if you're concerned about this.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ebonywillis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,034, Level: 13 Points: 8,034, Level: 13 Points: 8,034, Level: 13

Re: Period. - November 25th 2011, 03:23 PM

Hello, my period's are not regular AT ALL!! And my cramps get really bad! Don't be worried. A trip to the doctor will be good
Closed Thread