TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sitruc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12

Exclamation I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 20th 2012, 03:11 PM

ok, so about 5 days ago me and my girlfriend decided we were both ready to lose our virginity to each other. But like idiots, we didn't think about using protection, then about 2-3 days after, i started having weird symptoms and i noticed these spot type things down in my genital area, i told my girlfriend straight away and she said that she's been having symptoms as well and has been having weird problems in her genital area. We are going to get checked soon but i've been researching and i'm not sure if i could have Canidida and that my girlfriend could have a yeast infection, but i'm not sure what we could have, but i just want to know if anyone has had experience like this?, because these symptoms can happen during a herpes breakout but i'm really not sure?

So please post below with any help, advice or even if you have had the same sort of experience.

Thanks.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 20th 2012, 04:15 PM

Herpes can only be given to you or your partner if YOU or HER were carriers of the disease. If you didn't have herpes before you had sex, it's likely what you're experiencing isn't herpes at all. You still want to get checked out though, just to make sure everything is okay. I just highly doubt that you have an STD.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sitruc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 20th 2012, 04:36 PM

Thank you so much!, we're going to get checked tomorrow!, but thank you for answering, it's really helped and made us feel better and not as worried!

-Many thanks!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BroadwaySomeday Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole Swanson

Points: 7,277, Level: 12 Points: 7,277, Level: 12 Points: 7,277, Level: 12

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 23rd 2012, 12:50 AM

I don't think it's an STD, but get checked out anyways. Better safe than sorry!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Points: 15,087, Level: 17 Points: 15,087, Level: 17 Points: 15,087, Level: 17

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 23rd 2012, 01:25 AM

More likely to be a candida infection which technically isn't an STI as you can get it from other things like being on antibiotics, wearing stockings for too long etc.

I highly doubt it's herpes as the herpes virus has an incubation period of around a week.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 23rd 2012, 03:14 AM

First of all, these are the intitial symptoms of an STI:

...where I'm going is that this early, there are no symptoms. This is probably a mild infection. People carry bacteria. Even if it's not from sex, you just may not be used to the bacteria she carries on her body, you know, that kind of stuff. I doubt it's anything serious. Did you use a condom? Could it have caused an allergic reaction of the both of you?

something burning?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 24th 2012, 12:36 AM

I'm someone who was ignorant about symptoms of an STI, and waited and waited before getting checked, you are doing the right thing by getting checked out. It can't hurt. It would also be helpful here if you let us know the results and that you're ok.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! - February 26th 2012, 02:14 AM

If you were both virgins, it is impossible for you to have contracted an STD. Since STDs are only contracted through sexual contact, one of you would have had to have had sex before with an infected partner.

Get it checked out anyway, though. If something is wrong, you can get it fixed, and if not you can put your mind at ease.

Remember, it is always better to be safe than to wind up sorry later. So it's a good thing you are concerned about it, even if it is not Herpes.
Closed Thread