TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
girlgirl52 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,929, Level: 12 Points: 6,929, Level: 12 Points: 6,929, Level: 12

Unhappy pregnant???help!!! - August 17th 2012, 06:32 PM

on august 6 i had sex with my boyfriend not protected (i know thats so stupid) and it was for less than i minute he never came at all nothing came out of his penis. its been almost 2 weeks since then and im SO scared that i could be pregnant. i have been urinating more often my breasts are kind of tender and i am very bloated in my lower stomach area. i finished my period august 5 and i noticed signs of ovulation on august 15. can i ovulate during pregnancy? please help me im worried and scared!! my bf says im paranoid but irdk. PLEASE HELP
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: pregnant???help!!! - August 17th 2012, 06:55 PM

Hey,
It's unlikely that you are pregnant. In order for sperm to meet egg, you have to ovulate. You don't ovulate when you're pregnant. Sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days, which would mean if sperm did enter you on August 6, it would have died by August 11; and if you ovulated on August 15, that sperm would be dead. I really doubt you're pregnant, but if it'll ease your mind wait until August 20th and take a pregnancy test. Stressing out will only delay your next period, which isn't due for a couple more weeks anyway.

Also, sperm is only present in pre-ejaculation if he ejaculated previously and didn't urinate.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: pregnant???help!!! - August 18th 2012, 10:19 AM

Hi there,

As stated above, it's very unlikely that you're pregnant. Ovulation doesn't occur when you're pregnant. There is no point: an egg would already be fertilized, and you don't get a period when you're pregnant. To ovulate would just be a waste of eggs (even though we have thousands).

It's only been two weeks since this happened, so the breast tenderness and bloating you're experiencing is likely from the fact that you're pysching yourself about being pregnant, not from actually being pregnant. Symptoms don't show up the second an egg and sperm meet. It's likely that your body might not even be able to tell you that you're pregnant, though two weeks is usually enough time allotted for it to show up on a pregnancy test. Symptoms don't usually begin until 6-8 weeks, sometimes more.

If you're truly worried, take a pregnancy test. It's the only way to know for sure. Freaking out is only going to make it worse, so calm down. There really isn't anything to worry about.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread