TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamesbb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15

Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 06:33 PM

It's not easy to get a pregnancy test here for teens. I'm not sure if my girlfriend is pregnant or not. The only thing that's worrying me is that her belly has gotten a little big. That's the only thing thats making me think that she might be pregnant.

In mid May, she had nausea for 10 days which was after a food poisoning. She always gets nausea for a few days after food poisoning. If that nausea was because of early pregnancy then that means she is now about 4 months pregnant. Sometimes she gets headaches which could be because of the hot weather. She hasn't had any other symptom. No nausea after that, no vomiting, no constipation, no missed period. She has been having normal periods on time with a duration of 5,6 days.

She is not aware of the possibility that she might be pregnant. There's a good chance that she is not, but only her belly which has gotten a bit fat is worrying me. At 4 months of pregnancy, how fat her belly should be? Right now, it's little that only someone who stares at her belly with her clothes on can notice that her belly is not flat and a little big. Normally, people who have a little belly fat can pull it in and keep it like that to hide the belly fat. I have some belly fat too and I pull it in when I'm around people so it doesn't look as big as it really is. When she pulls it in, it gets almost flat. One of the reason why her belly has gotten a little fat could be because in the past few months she's eating a bit more than she used to.

I read that a woman does not have regular periods during pregnancy. Some kind of spotting and light bleeding but not regular periods. On time 5,6 days long bleeding that fills up pads is not considered 'spotting' or 'light bleeding' right? Nothing is changed about her periods so I would say that they are normal regular periods.

Do you think that if she was 4 months pregnant it would be possible that she never had pregnancy symptoms or felt anything different about her? Is it possible to be pregnant for 4 months and not find out about it?

Last edited by jamesbb; September 2nd 2012 at 06:40 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 06:40 PM

Firstly, it is possible but unlikely.

Since she had food poisoning, that accounts for the nausea. Dehydration from hot weather accounts for the headaches. She has had normal length periods, which normally women who do bleed during pregnancy have very light or short periods.

So you have nothing to go on other than her belly is a bit bigger. Has she gained weight? Could she be bloating (caused by some foods, allergic reactions, water retention, etc.).

A typical pregnancy at 4 months would start to show (some women do not show until 8 or 9 months) - this depends on the person's body. First child of my sister's she was showing by 3 months. This time she is almost 5 months and has hardly any stomach.

Some women can go through pregnancy without any symptoms, though it isn't very likely. And other women get nausea, headaches, constipation, etc.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. She is getting regular periods. Has no symptoms. And isn't worried about it herself.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,948, Level: 26 Points: 33,948, Level: 26 Points: 33,948, Level: 26

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 06:42 PM

The symptoms of pregnancy could be explained by almost anything. If she's having normal periods, she can't be pregnant, if you're still worried ask her to see a doctor just to be sure.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 06:48 PM

It's good that you're concerned for your girlfriend! But I don't think you should be stressing over this quite that much.

If she's having regular periods, it's pretty unlikely that she's pregnant.
Are you concerned because you didn't use protection at one point or something? If she's on birth control it's even more unlikely she'll be pregnant. And if your method of protection failed and she didn't know about it (you said she doesn't realize the possibility of pregnancy), you should be honest with her. Your best option is to talk to her about this.

I don't know where you are from, but it's very common to find pregnancy tests in drug stores, supermarkets, and other stores. You don't have to be any certain age to buy them. Talk to your girlfriend first though. She may find it weird if you just suddenly give her a test to take. Also, I wouldn't mention her getting "fatter" in case she's sensitive about her weight. She may have just gained a little bit. Again, she's having regular periods so I doubt she's pregnant.

Mostly though, just talk to her. It's all about communication!

Take care!

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
jamesbb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15 Points: 10,782, Level: 15

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 06:58 PM

The chances of her getting pregnant is even lesser because we never had actual intercourse. The only way she could have gotten pregnant is if the sperm went inside her through my fingers when I fingered her. Happened a couple of times only. If you got a few minutes on your hands, you can read my last posts and you'll know the whole story. They are only 12 posts.

We never had sexual intercourse. Only ejaculated ON her vagina a couple of times, cleaned it afterwards then fingered her.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 2nd 2012, 08:14 PM

The chances are incredibly slim that she's pregnant. She's had consistent periods, monthly, each lasting the same amount of time. If she were pregnant, she'd only experience light periods that last a day or two before completely ending. Even then, it's not really a period because she would be pregnant.

Honestly, you're worrying over nothing. Her weight gain could be from loads of things, from bloating because of her period, to water retention to an allergic reaction to something. The fact that you've never had intercourse also shows that the chances of pregnancy are very slim.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 3rd 2012, 12:28 AM

Mate, I hate to say getting cum anywhere near the vagina can get a girl pregnant. But in this case I am fairly certain you're in the clear bud.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Can you be 4 months pregnant and don't have any symptoms? - September 3rd 2012, 02:00 AM

I'm not trying to be rude, but every month or so, you come in here and ask the same exact question. And get the same exact answer.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread