TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 23rd 2013, 09:17 PM

I got all worried because my birth control is out of whack and I had sex without a condom. He pulled out but some might of gotten in any how... I am just not worrying much cause it's always been fine before. But... the thing is that I kind of wish i was pregnant. I know its terrible to wish to be. He's not my boyfriend, I am still in university and that's bad enough without having to take care of a kid simultaneously given that I don't have much of a support system here, and when I think about pregnancy I've also thought "well, shit, I just lost a bunch of weight"... I know if I was pregnant it would detrimentally affect my education and by extension my career. And I am pretty sure that the guy would freak out. We've been hooking up on and off for 2-3 years and a part of me wishes we were together because we get along great and we have great sex but I also just don't want those feelings to develop because if they do I risk ruining a good friendship. I would especially like to see him to go college; if that happened it would put to rest a lot of qualms I have over seriously considering him as a "for real" partner.
But back to the pregnancy. I kind of wish I was. And I was wondering what I'd even do if I was? What would I tell him? How would the average guy react to hey guess what I'm pregnant if his friend was the one he knocked up?

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
JayReneeOffl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Points: 7,063, Level: 12 Points: 7,063, Level: 12 Points: 7,063, Level: 12

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 28th 2013, 01:42 PM

Its not a bad thing to wish you were pregnant. Females naturally have a maternal instinct that is purely primal, and we are LITERALLY genetically designed to become mothers at some point in our lives. Its only natural to feel that way. HOWEVER, keep in mind that most mothers falls instantly in love with their child, so think about this...

Considering you'd probably want to give your child everything in the world if you could, is this really the environment, situation, and decade you want to bring your child into? Can you give your child everything he or she wants and needs right now? If yes, then find the right person and go for it. If not you might want to wait until you can.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JayReneeOffl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Points: 7,063, Level: 12 Points: 7,063, Level: 12 Points: 7,063, Level: 12

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 28th 2013, 01:43 PM

Its not a bad thing to wish you were pregnant. Females naturally have a maternal instinct that is purely primal, and we are LITERALLY genetically designed to become mothers at some point in our lives. Its only natural to feel that way. HOWEVER, keep in mind that most mothers falls instantly in love with their child, so think about this...

Considering you'd probably want to give your child everything in the world if you could, is this really the environment, situation, and decade you want to bring your child into? Can you give your child everything he or she wants and needs right now? If yes, then find the right person and go for it. If not you might want to wait until you can.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 30th 2013, 01:01 AM

Trust me, having a kid right now would detramentally affect my education. I also have no financial means to support a baby and if I was pregnant I would definitely have to choose whether I want to continue with school (and thus need to rely on family to support me and baby financially until I am done) or whether I want to drop out and get a job at a lower level level than what I am capable of/want.... So being pregnant isn't ideal right now. And not to mention that while this guy is my friend and he's an amazing guy I feel like he has no "real" prospects" right now career wise. i let it go because we're young so what ever, he'll make his mind up someday and theoretically stop selling himself short... But if I got pregnant by him I would be forever tied to a guy who may or may not ever amount to anything terribly impressive. It's not a deterrant for friendship or for loving him in a way that I don't love my friends.... It's just that on a family scale I feel that I deserve better and I want to know he's willing to live up to more before I'd ever necessarily want to have his child so that he could be the best possible example for a kid.... Not that it has to be HIS child, I'm just sharing what's on my mind concerning the matter

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 30th 2013, 01:42 PM

It is not wrong. It's actually quite normal. Female anatomy causes our hormones to surge, and we get an urge to reproduce. It's natural. It sucks, but it is natural!

Try being around kids a lot more. Offer to babysit, babysit as a side job. Or rent an electronic baby (some places do it online, or you can talk to middle/high schools on how to go about renting one). Keep it for 2-3 days, and realize, yeah this isn't THAT bad, but it would be like this 24/7, never any time by myself, and we would be broke.

Here is a wonderful Article on TH about Wanting to be a Teenage Mom. I know you're not technically a teen now, but it still applies for young adults.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 31st 2013, 07:19 PM

Haha, I actually work with kids for a few hours once a week and I am finishing the process to be able to be a youth mentor at the local CPS/FACS place. So I am set with the whole working with kids bit.
There is about nothing I can do. I have friends who have become parents already, some of them were pregnant by 17 or 18. And I've seen how hard it was for them to have to try to finish their education. If an "accident" happened I'd by all means step up and take responsibility. I am totally pro choice. If you want an abortion that's your choice and I'd support it, hell, I'd go with my friend and hold her hand if that's what she needed, but for me I'd either keep the baby or give him/her up for adoption. But I know it would be so hard to try to get the education I want and have a child so it's not something I would rationally set out to do, but at least I know my mom would be willing to take care of me and him/her so that my education wouldn't be so seriously compromised by financial worries on top of it if it accidentally happened.... So I am set. In a few years I will be done school and i'll be able to work and be in a better position to be the best possible mother.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is it wrong that I wish I was pregnant? - March 31st 2013, 07:20 PM

Haha, I actually work with kids for a few hours once a week and I am finishing the process to be able to be a youth mentor at the local CPS/FACS place. So I am set with the whole working with kids bit.
There is about nothing I can do. I have friends who have become parents already, some of them were pregnant by 17 or 18. And I've seen how hard it was for them to have to try to finish their education. If an "accident" happened I'd by all means step up and take responsibility. I am totally pro choice. If you want an abortion that's your choice and I'd support it, hell, I'd go with my friend and hold her hand if that's what she needed, but for me I'd either keep the baby or give him/her up for adoption. But I know it would be so hard to try to get the education I want and have a child so it's not something I would rationally set out to do, but at least I know my mom would be willing to take care of me and him/her so that my education wouldn't be so seriously compromised by financial worries on top of it if it accidentally happened.... So I am set. In a few years I will be done school and i'll be able to work and be in a better position to be a parent.

Closed Thread