TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15

Unhappy Maybe pregnant... - April 9th 2013, 10:32 PM

I already posted this on my blog, but I kinda need some comforting advice. So... Im gonna post it here. Last Friday, I did things with my boyfriend. I don't really like specifying on this stuff. But, we weren't really smart about things. But, now I have to wait 2 weeks to take a damn pregnancy test. I got my friend to buy it for me since I can't really get out of the house. He got a 2 pack. So,I guess that's a good thing? To double check, right? If I'm not pregnant... Wow, I would be so thankful. If I am, I will be so suicidal. No joke. My mom would freaking kill me. With my luck... I'm probably pregnant. I'm gonna take the tests on the 20th. Wish me luck, I guess...

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 10th 2013, 04:58 AM

Hi, Michelle!

Just wanted to mention that next time, you could have protection with you just in case of a "in the moment" type of thing? Also, if you are pregnant, becoming suicidal is bad for the sake of your child. Your mom would probably be upset but eventually come around.

A two pack is definitely good to double check. Good luck, Michelle! Let us know if it's negative or positive?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
arosa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: samantha

Points: 6,777, Level: 12 Points: 6,777, Level: 12 Points: 6,777, Level: 12

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 10th 2013, 09:48 AM

you're very irresponsible for not having used protection.

if i were you i'd buy the Plan B 1 Step ( the morning after pill ) if you ever have this happen again. you can find it at walgreens / cvs / any or all pharmacies.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 10th 2013, 08:54 PM

If you are still within the time frame to get the PlanB pill, then do so.
If not, try not to stress out over the next few weeks. When it comes time to test, test first thing in the morning right when you wake up as that's when the pregnancy hormone is at its peak.

Good luck to you, if you are pregnant and need someone to talk to feel free to message me.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 11th 2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arosa View Post
you're very irresponsible for not having used protection.

if i were you i'd buy the Plan B 1 Step ( the morning after pill ) if you ever have this happen again. you can find it at walgreens / cvs / any or all pharmacies.
I'm sorry. No disrespect to you. But, I didn't even tell you exactly what happened. Like you've never made a mistake? Honestly, I'm usually pretty responsible. This is the first stupid thing I've ever done. Thanks. But, I already know this.

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 11th 2013, 01:13 PM

People make mistakes. I see no need to be condescending about it. Obviously you should be using protection (the pill, condoms, what ever) but I'm sure you know that, so consider it for next time.
Now more to the point, I know you really don't want to have to say what you did, but we really aren;t judging you here, most of us won't mind knowing what you did as it will help us when trying to give you advice. You don't need to give details. It's just that if all you guys did was oral I'd say you can relax whereas if you actually had sex and he DID NOT pull out, then your risk is significantly higher without protection but if he DID pull out then the risk still presents itself but goes down. A lot of young guys do not have the experience to be so much in control that they're able to stop themselves and pull out just before they come which is partially why I say the risk is there, he might of came a bit before pulling out then there is precum and all of that jazz (who knows how much sperm REALLY comes out them though if at all, depends on the guy). So in any case it's a bit hard to tell you how much you should be worried because I don't know what you did.
For the future what you can do is buy condoms but hide them in a place in your bedroom where you parents aren't likely to look (in your bedspring, in a hard to see corner under a low-sitting shelf, or under a bunch of stuff in a drawer you know your parents won't go in). I used to do that in high school, I kept it in a drawer where I didn't think my mom would look and where I knew my dad would never look. That would help.
As for pregnancy, I know most parents would freak out knowing that the 15-16 year old kid was pregnant, but you have options no matter what happens. I hope that you aren't pregnant because it seems like that would not be the best outcome for you. But if you are you can come here and know you have countless supportive people to talk too. Just try not to stress yourself out too much. I thought I was pregnant before because my period was over 2 weeks late due to some significant stresses in my life. If you already have a test take it to put the worry to rest if you running late but you should definitely be aware of the fact that stress can delay your period

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 11th 2013, 06:59 PM

People make mistakes.

This is a place of non-judgement people. Let's keep it that way.

Ultimately, you made a mistake and now you're dealing with the consequences. In the end, always making sure you have protection before getting a bit "into the moment" is always a good idea. No glove, no love...no matter what the circumstances are. Since we don't even know the circumstances of which you may believe you're pregnant, I'm going to leave you with a few words.

If you engaged in unprotected sexual intercourse with your boyfriend, there is a possibility of pregnancy. I'm not going to beat around the push on that one. Even using the pull out method is a bit tricky, so I don't recommend that in terms of "liable protection". However, if you did anything other than full on sexual intercourse with me, I highly doubt you're pregnant. Keep in mind that sperm doesn't live very long once outside the penis. Some do live for a while, but most of it usually dies off quickly.

In the end, waiting two weeks is best and having two or more tests is always a good idea. While a false positive or negative can happen, it's unlikely but double checking is always a good thing. Make sure you take the tests first thing in the morning, when you first urinate after waking up (after two weeks of course). That leaves the pregnancy hormone at it's most potent.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 11th 2013, 10:33 PM

I get scares frequently. Ever since I started BC, I take tests even *more* often because I don't trust it or whatever.

Try to think of your cycle. Think two weeks after your last period- what day should that be? Was Friday around that mark? Or did this happen soon after your period ended?

Of course people are gonna reprimand you and such. I'm not going to because I'd be so hypocritical to do that.

Most of the time, it's just a scare. It's not very easy to get pregnant. But, only you know the facts of what happened and the risks that correspond with it.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 12th 2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenitySmile View Post
I get scares frequently. Ever since I started BC, I take tests even *more* often because I don't trust it or whatever.

Try to think of your cycle. Think two weeks after your last period- what day should that be? Was Friday around that mark? Or did this happen soon after your period ended?

Of course people are gonna reprimand you and such. I'm not going to because I'd be so hypocritical to do that.

Most of the time, it's just a scare. It's not very easy to get pregnant. But, only you know the facts of what happened and the risks that correspond with it.
The whole thing with my period.. I have no idea. My period has been so irregular and out of whack since like last August. Last period I had, it lasted for a little bit over a month. And, I have no idea how it will be or when it will be this month. So, it makes the situation 10x worse.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Maybe pregnant... - April 12th 2013, 12:46 AM

Just try to keep calm. You don't have to wait until you get your period, lots of people have irregular periods and don't know when they'll come. Just wait for 2 weeks from the event which is scaring you and then you can take a pregnancy test and find out. So it's ok
If it helps, I have this app called Period Tracker. You can down load it and track what day your period starts and ends, after 2-3 cycles it'll start being able to tell you how long each cycle was (right from time 1, say 1 is 28 days another is 34 and a last is 26), and how long you average cycle is (which needs a few cycles to calculate). It's a good app and might help you knowing when to generally expect your period even if it is irregular because at least you've kept track and got some averages. It's not going to help for this situation right now but it can be useful information to have should this be of interest to you.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread