TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16

Pregnant ? - April 23rd 2013, 02:34 AM

So a few weeks ago I messed up on my birth control.. I missed a day and then didn't take the forgotten pill until a few days later (I thought it would mess it up if I took two in a day..but I'm pretty sure I messed it up not taking it) My boyfriend and I always have unprotected sex..the only thing we use is my birth control. He did cum inside of me the day I forgot to take the pill, as well as a few times after that.
I got my period right on time as always, only it lasted for a day and that was it. My periods usually lasts 4-5 days so this is very abnormal. I read that it might be implantation bleeding and now I'm nervous and can't stop thinking about it. It could be cause of stress or who knows what though.
I'm just very nervous and wish I could find out now if I am pregnant or not. I am going to have to wait and take a test next week..
Has anyone had this before?? What do you guys think? If I went to the doctor would they be able to tell me sooner then a home pregnancy test?
Also, I've been feeling strange for the past few days. Like something is changing inside of me. Can you feel differences early on in pregnancy?
I can't stop wondering if I am.. I have had scares before but this time I even feel different.
If anyone has anything to share, or anything please do.
Thanks
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12

Re: Pregnant ? - April 23rd 2013, 12:18 PM

Did you take your BCP whilst you was on your period?

I Could of sworn depend on the type of BCP, doesn't it last a certain amount of time before effectiveness wares off?

- I've got a picture of a Game as my avatar, so don't expect me to know much about pregnancy, but eh.. why NOT?

N/A
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16

Re: Pregnant ? - April 23rd 2013, 03:48 PM

I really don't know, from what I've heard and read you should take the pill you forgot as soon as possible and then take your next pill at the regular time.
When I got my period I was on the sugar pills. My period has synced up so when I have my period I am always taking the sugar pills.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant ? - April 23rd 2013, 04:47 PM

If you skip a pill, taking it the next day isn't going to increase it's effectiveness. If you skip a pill, ignore it and move on to the next one as you should: at the same time every day.

Going to a doctor may give you a better idea, however, conception takes the same amount of time anywhere. In order to take a pregnancy test, it was to be 2+ weeks since the incident occurred. If it's been this long already, you could take a test and it should give you an accurate result when taken correctly. Or, you could wait until you're meant to have your next period and take a test from there OR you could visit with your doctor to have a blood or urine test done there.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread