TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oddfuturekate Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn

Points: 6,395, Level: 11 Points: 6,395, Level: 11 Points: 6,395, Level: 11

Exclamation Pregnant?? - August 14th 2013, 05:00 AM

Me and my boyfriend of almost 5 months have been having protected sex for about 2 months now, and I always get very anxious and stressed right before my period comes, always for the fear of being pregnant. We always check the condoms before we use them and he never ejaculates inside of me or anything. I usually get my period on the 7th-10th. It's now the 14th and I've started spotting today.. a light brown color spotting, sometimes this happens before I start my period, but I'm already incredibly stressed out so I can't think straight about it. I read that spotting is supposed to occur before your period happens, and mine is after when it should.. so I'm not sure. I'm very confused on the entire thing..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: Pregnant?? - August 14th 2013, 05:36 AM

Stress can do funny things to a period from what I've heard. So, since you've mentioned that you've been stressed lately that could play a part in what's going on. I'm not 100% sure though, if you're really that concerned if you're pregnant or not take a test and find out. Although I'm pretty sure you're fine and have nothing to worry about.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Pregnant?? - August 14th 2013, 06:27 PM

There are several reasons you could have a late period. First off, you are only 15, so your periods could naturally be a little bit off. It might just be hormones messing with your cycle a little bit. Another reason is that you have stressed yourself out so much over this pregnancy issue you have actually made yourself skip a period. Too much stress over anything can cause your cycle to be off. And finally you could be pregnant. While you have used protection, anytime you have vaginal intercourse there is the possibility of getting pregnant. I would say wait another week and if you don’t get your period you should take a pregnancy test just to be safe. You can buy them over the counter at any pharmacy or grocery store.

As a side note: if you are so afraid of getting pregnant, why are you having sex? Being ready for sex is not just the emotional and physical readiness for the act of sex, but the ability to take on the responsibility of the consequences of sex like if you get an STD or get pregnant. If you are so worried about getting pregnant that you cause your period not to come, perhaps you need to evaluate having sex in the first place. Sex should not stress you out that badly. I think you need to talk to your boyfriend about this, let him know how you are feeling. You also need to talk about what you would do if you did get pregnant. You should always have a plan with someone you are sexually active with. While using protection is very smart, there is no such thing as 100% protective contraception.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
Closed Thread