TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
yayaphil Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,141, Level: 11 Points: 6,141, Level: 11 Points: 6,141, Level: 11

Unhappy Im 19 and i think this girl is pregnant - September 18th 2013, 08:12 PM

I am 19 years old and February this year i met a girl online which i found out later lived very close to me, i started to text her and our conversations became heated very quickly. i had no intentions of dating her whatsoever and i made that clear but all we talked about was sex. a couple of days later she cane to my house and we started having sex. i made the biggest mistake if my life by not using a condom, but as i was about to reach climax i pulled out and ejaculated kn the floor, but i think some may have remained inside her. as i used to work then i had no time of meeting her after. so i texted her that night if she would go and collect the morning pill and she said she would. then i texted her again and she said she was too busy so she would do it the next day, four days later i recommended she should go to her docters and ask for the 5 day pill. then she said that she did. but also complained yo me that i was annoying her by texting her all the tome about it. i then saw that she was not really serious about life and she didnt really care about anything so i stopped talking to her. but then a week or so later she kept on calling me leaving me stupid question and etc. so i ended up ignoring her. now it is september and i see she has put a picture up of her baby scan. i do not know what to doo, and i partially think that it may not be mine as she was also avoiding texts when she was at my house. so i am not sure if the baby is mine, however i do not know what to doo as im only 19 im still in college doing a course then next year i am planing to go uni. i dont see myself with a kid and i have no financial means off providing for anyone i even still live with my mom. i know that if people find out i will have no chance of even getting in to a relationship with anyone. please help me anyone? i have not and will not tell anyone about this.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Points: 11,723, Level: 15 Points: 11,723, Level: 15 Points: 11,723, Level: 15

Re: Im 19 and i think this girl is pregnant - September 18th 2013, 08:52 PM

Yes, there is a chance that the baby is yours. The only way you can find out for sure would be to do a paternity test after it's born.
You may have pulled out before ejaculation, but that's not a reliable form of contraception and there is always precum. So the chances may be slim, but there's still a chance.

You redeem yourself slightly by encouraging her to get some emergency contraception, but by the sound of her reaction (irritation at your nagging) i'm not certain that she did. She may have, by all means, but if it was me in her situation, i'd be dragging you down to the clinic too, worried out of my mind.

On the other hand, she could have taken the pill, slept with someone else and got pregnant, nothing to do with you at all.

The first step you need to take is TALK to her, just plain out ask her. And i'd hope she'd be honest with you. How many weeks is the scan? Do the dates match up to your sexual encounter?

Get the facts together and then go from there.
Also i have to add, unplanned parenthood does not ruin your life, nor your chances of future relationship it just means a lot of responsibility at an early age.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Im 19 and i think this girl is pregnant - September 19th 2013, 10:15 PM

Hey there,

Yes, there is a chance that she is pregnant with your child because, as stated, pulling out is never a good means of contraception. However, the only way you are going to know for certain is if you get a paternity test after the child is born. I think you should consider text messaging/calling/try to meet up with this girl and explain to her you concerns and asking her if you are the father. It is possible that she will be honest with you and let you know that she never got the emergency contraception or she may confirm that she did and that this baby is, in fact, someone elses. If she is not receptive to your attempts at contacting her you might want to try and talk to your mom and see if she has any suggestions on how you can go about handling this situation. The first step in all of this is trying to determine the paternity of this child.

While providing for the financial needs of a baby is imperative there are also things like emotional needs that you can provide for as well. If it is proved that you are the father you will have to work on providing for the baby both financially and emotionally. I know this might not be the ideal situation but just because you had this situation occur does not mean that you cannot be a good father to the child.

I hope that this helped in some way and I am wishing you the best of luck.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Im 19 and i think this girl is pregnant - September 20th 2013, 06:56 PM

If you get a request for paternity testing, do not ignore it. Otherwise, they may decide you are automatically the father if you do not show up.

I also recommend getting an STD test. Health clinics usually will offer low-cost if not free STD testing. Even with no symptoms, you should still get checked out. It could affect your fertility and future relationships.

I'd also purchase condoms and keep them on hand. I'd also start setting aside money in case you are the father. I'd make an effort to be in the child's life otherwise the child may resent you later on. If I were you, I'd pay for a paternity test yourself.
Closed Thread