TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
erose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,971, Level: 11 Points: 5,971, Level: 11 Points: 5,971, Level: 11

Implantation bleeding or pregnant help! - December 11th 2013, 04:52 AM

I’m confused about all of the contradicting information on the internet. I hope someone can help. I’m worried I might be pregnant. I calculated my ovulation cycle and the time of my period online.Unfortunately I did have unprotected sex during the time of ovulation. I did get what I thought was my period four day(6th) before it was scheduled to arrive(11th). This period was light and would range from brownish in color to red at times. I was bleeding enough that I had to use a tampon, but the “period” only lasted about 3 days… Could this be implantation bleeding? Could implantation bleeding happen that close to my actual period?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Implantation bleeding or pregnant help! - December 11th 2013, 02:32 PM

First, ovulation calculators online are not reliable, as all women ovulate at different times and on different schedules. While there is a ‘norm’ for ovulation, it’s not a guarantee. There are over the counter tests you can take to see when you ovulate as well as talking to your doctor. That would be a much more reliable route.

Next, implantation bleeding occurs at least two weeks after sex, it cannot occur sooner than that because the egg does not implant sooner than that. It’s also a very small amount of blood that would not require a tampon. It’s more likely that your period was just a little irregular this month.

If you are still worried that you might be pregnant you can always take an over the counter pregnancy test which can be bought over the counter at most grocery stores or pharmacies. You have to wait until at least two weeks after having sex to be able to use it.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Implantation bleeding or pregnant help! - December 11th 2013, 05:56 PM

I agree with Lizzie. It sounds like your period was just a bit irregular this month. You could wait until your period due date this month and see if you get it again. If you've been stressing about this since the unprotected sex, that could affect your period and that could have cause it to come earlier.

I would suggest getting a pregnancy test if you're worried.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Implantation bleeding or pregnant help! - December 12th 2013, 05:04 AM

A pregnancy test costs around 8 dollars for two and offers quite a bit of peace of mind if you are unsure.
Closed Thread