TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blovekx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11

Might be pregnant; help? - December 30th 2013, 10:59 PM

I really think I might be pregnant. For the past few years, I've been having unprotected sex [please don't lecture me on that.. I know, stupid].. but I've never gotten pregnant, ever, so I always thought I was infertile.
Well, I had sex with my boyfriend [have been for the last couple months so I can't tell you a specific date] and I've had some signs and need your opinion..
Usually I start my period around the 27th, and I know it's only a few days after that, but usually I am relatively regular. Also, my nipples usually get really sore a few days before I start my period, and I have yet to experience that. Then, yesterday I felt like crap physically all day. I just felt super tired and I kept feeling like I was going to throw up. Today, I've been on the toilet on and off, but it's not like actual sickness [like the flu]. I'll feel fine, and then all of a sudden it will just hit me and I'll run to the bathroom. I've had sort of like diarrhea [gross, I agree], also. Then for the past week or so I've been having bad vaginal discharge/cervical mucus and it's really white and milky/creamy.
So I'm just looking for some insight. I'm going to get a test here in the next few days if I don't start, but I just want some thoughts. I just find it weird that I would get pregnant after two years of never getting pregnant, but I don't know.
Thank you
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Might be pregnant; help? - December 30th 2013, 11:26 PM

Well, you have the same chance of getting pregnant every time you have sex, it depends where you are in your cycle when it happens. It's possible that you're pregnant, but the symptoms sound more to me like some kind of infection (which would also mess up your period). I agree that if you don't start you should take a test and if it comes up negative and you don't feel better see your doctor in case something else is wrong.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Might be pregnant; help? - December 31st 2013, 05:09 AM

Hey there,

I think the best thing for you to do is to take a pregnancy test to help determine if you are pregnant. I think it would be a really good idea for you to go to the doctor and explain all of your concerns and let them do a full physical. I am sure that your doctor would take a pregnancy test as well as run a test to determine if you have some type of infection going on.

Lastly, if you end up not being pregnant you should consider talking to your doctor about birth control options so that you don't run into this problem again.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Might be pregnant; help? - December 31st 2013, 01:41 PM

I agree with the others. There's always a chance you could get pregnant after unprotected sex. Even though you haven't gotten pregnant before, they could be something wrong with that other guys semen, or it just doesn't work that well for you (it happens). The best thing you could do is take a pregnancy test. With these things it's best to know as soon as possible so you can plan your next move.

These might all be symptoms of pregnancy, or they could just mean you're coming down with something, but we can't say that for sure. If it's been more than two weeks since you last had unprotected sex, you can take a pregnancy test. But if you've been doing it regularly then it's best to take one as soon as possible.

Take care.
Closed Thread