TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ItsJazzBitch Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jaden

Points: 6,281, Level: 11 Points: 6,281, Level: 11 Points: 6,281, Level: 11

Question Help?? I think I might be pregnant... - January 17th 2014, 10:38 AM

Hi, ok, so I'm really not sure what to do. i lost my virginity on January 8th and we didn't use protection but he pulled out, but now i don't feel right, i feel nauseous and a bit dizzy and my back hurts and my head hurts and my stomach hurts and looking it up on google is just stressing me out because its telling me that i'm probably pregnant, i just want to hear it from an actual person (preferably on who has been or is pregnant) whether or not they think i'm pregnant. thanks

Stay Strong Babe <3
If You Need Someone To Talk To, I'm Here For You
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Help?? I think I might be pregnant... - January 17th 2014, 02:04 PM

Since you had sex only nine days ago, it would be too soon to be able to tell if you are pregnant. You need to wait at least two weeks before you can take an over the counter pregnancy test. Since you had unprotected sex and even though he pulled out, if you suspect pregnancy, I highly recommend you take a test. You can buy over the counter pregnancy tests at most grocery stores or pharmacies.

Going off those symptoms alone I can’t tell you if you are pregnant or not. Each pregnancy is very different from one another. While those may be pregnancy symptoms for one woman they may not be for another. They could easily be caused by stress or a cold, but they could also be pregnancy related. The only way to tell is to take a pregnancy test.

I am sure this experience has scared you enough, but hopefully if you plan on having sex again in the future you will use some form of birth control. Ask him to wear a condom next time and if you plan on having sex regularly, you might want to look into a more consistent birth control like the pill or the Depo shot. You will have to talk to your doctor about this as you will need a prescription.

Also, keep in mind now that you are sexually active you should be getting tested for STDs regularly, make sure to let your doctor know at your next visit that you are now sexually active so they can set up an appointment for a pelvic exam.

Hopefully your period will come on time, but if not, a pregnancy test is the best thing you could do.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Help?? I think I might be pregnant... - January 17th 2014, 02:17 PM

Lizzie has said it all really. We won't be able to tell you if you're pregnant, and it's too early to say, anyway. The best thing for you to do now is to wait for your next period's due date, if it doesn't come (providing it's over 14 days since you had unprotected sex) you can take a pregnancy test. Please note that stress can cause your period to be delayed so don't automatically assume you're pregnant if your period doesn't come on time.

You wouldn't get any pregnancy symptoms after around 2 weeks since the unprotected sex, but pregnancy symptoms do vary from person to person. Due to the worrying, you could be thinking these are pregnancy symptoms when they're not.

You should let this be a lesson to you not to have unprotected sex, because the consequences can be life changing. You should have a think about going on some sort of birth control and use condoms if you don't have a regular partner (and even if you do). You wouldn't want your first few times having sex to be the cause of an unwanted pregnancy. So it's best to stay smart.

If this happens again, you can take the morning after pill up to 3 days after the sex, the sooner the better. But it's best to be preventative.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Points: 6,558, Level: 11 Points: 6,558, Level: 11 Points: 6,558, Level: 11

Re: Help?? I think I might be pregnant... - January 17th 2014, 03:34 PM

Hi,
The pulling out method does not prevent pregnancy. You may know this by now but it bears repeating. Because fluids that may be present even before your boyfriend ejaculates can contain some amounts of semen, it's not effective. You should always use at least a condom.

It also does not prevent STIs. While you may trust your boyfriend completely it is still important that you use one for a very simple reason. Some infections that are transmissible through sex can also be caught and transmitted through things like blood contact. Thus, even if you're completely loyal to each other, there's still a risk.

However, we can't tell you if your pregnant or not. Everyone's body is different. It still sounds too early to know with absolute certainty.

An over-the-counter test is an option, just make sure to follow the instructions. However, these can be less accurate sometimes. If you can, I recommend seeing a doctor (your local hospital may have programs for younger people, if you live in the US then Planned Parenthood can help, if not look for your country's equivalent). Doctors are bound by confidentiality so they can't legally disclose your information to others. If you're pregnant make sure you research all of your options very well.

And in future, both of you should be more careful.

Last edited by Usernames Suck; January 17th 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Closed Thread