TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AVACOSTA Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,615, Level: 13 Points: 8,615, Level: 13 Points: 8,615, Level: 13

Could i be pregnant? Someone help - May 16th 2014, 12:59 AM

So i went on birth control a couple months ago and i didnt like how it made me feel and i gained alot of weight so i stopped taking it
After i stopped taking it, we had lots of problems like the condom would break and i would be taking plan b alot.. So then i decided to go back on it again for the better.. the first week in the condom broke and i took plan b again cuz i dont know it was effective or not .. then i had a period 5 days later.. and ive been spotting this brown stuff.. its going to be 2 weeks saturday since im back on the pill. yesterday we did it unprotected.. can i be pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Could i be pregnant? Someone help - May 16th 2014, 01:20 AM

It depends on how long it takes for your pill to become effective. It will say so in the information packet that it comes with. It usually takes a fee weeks to a few months for the pill to reach its full effectiveness, but it depends on the type of pill.

Make sure you are not using plan B too often. It is only meant to be used in emergencies. If you are worried about your pill not working just yet use condoms as well until your sure your pill is working.

The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a test. You have to be fourteen days past the day you had sex to be able to use an over the counter pregnancy test. You can buy a test at most pharmacies or grocery stores and are very easy to use.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Could i be pregnant? Someone help - May 16th 2014, 09:16 AM

Since it's been a very complicated time for your body and you hormones, it's hard to tell if you could be pregnant or not. I think the best thing for you to do is to wait until 14 days after the last time you had sex, and then take a pregnant test. That's the best way to find out for sure.

Taking the contraception on and off and taking the plan B pill over and over will really confuse your hormones, which is why you've been experiencing spotting and confusing periods. The best thing to do is to pick a contraception that works for you and stick to it, and try to use condoms safely and correctly.

As Lizzie said, you shouldn't use plan B too much. It's not good for your body and confuses your hormones. It should be just for emergencies. If you know your contraception isn't working correctly, don't have sex until it is. It's not worth the risk.

Also, it seems that your condoms have been breaking an awful lot. Maybe you should look into trying a different brand of condom and looking up the ways of using them. You might be doing something that's causing them to break so you will want to be careful of that.

Closed Thread