TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eu

Points: 6,377, Level: 11 Points: 6,377, Level: 11 Points: 6,377, Level: 11

9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 08:44 AM

My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th and was supposed to have my period on the 15th. My period never came it's already the 24th. Yes, it was unprotected but he never came in me or anything. It happened twice on that day. At first, He didn't ejaculate, so he pulled out and I just gave him a hand job and that's when he came. After maybe an hour or two, he washed off and we had sex again but didn't ejaculate again. Although, is it possible that maybe the pre-cum has some leftover sperm in it? I've read in some articles online that there might be sperm left in pre-cum if you ejaculated on the same day..

Also, I've been getting my normal period symptoms such as my breasts being sore. And I've been having discharge too, which is usually before my period starts. I really thought I was gonna have my period too since I've been getting minor cramps.

I would really appreciate any help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 02:07 PM

If you had unprotected sex, there is a chance that you're pregnant. Pre-cum can have some soerm in it regardless of whether you've ejactulated that same day. Since you had unprotected sex twice, there is a reasonable risk of pregnancy.

That said, your period might be late because of stress and other factors. This has happened to myself as well as many other girls. It is understandably only going to add to your stress when stress and other things are postponing or cancelling your period for a month

If you do not get your period soon, I would suggest getting a pregnancy test. A home pregnancy test is most effective 2 weeks after the time you had sex, so for you that would be in 2 days on the 26th. That'll give your body time to decide to have its period. If you're really worried, I guess you could do one now but I'd still do a second one in 2 days because it can take up to 2 weeks for the hormones to level up to the pout that indicates pregnancy.

I hope that everything will be ok. No matter what you find out, just remember that we are here to talk to you and support you so we'll talk to you about this.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 03:08 PM

I am going to have to disagree with Andie's suggestion of taking one now. An over the counter pregnancy test will need at least 14 days to be considered accurate. I would suggest waiting until the 26th so that you only have to take a test once. You can buy over the counter tests at any grocery store or pharmacy.

Anytime you have unprotected sex, whether you use the withdraw method or not, you have a chance of getting pregnant. If you do not end up being pregnant and you plan on having sex again in the future I high recomend that you use birth control such as condoms, the patch, the pill, etc. Anything is better than not using contrception. You can purchase condoms anywhere you get pregnancy tests, but know that condoms tend to only be 80% effect. To get on a stronger form of birth control, like the patch, the shot or the pill, etc, you will have to see your doctor for a perscription.

And remember, the only way to prevent pregnancy 100% is not having vaginal sex. There are other ways to be intamite and phyiscal with your partner besides sex and there are other ways of achieving an orgasm. If this pregnnacy scare has really worried you, perhaps talking to your partner about doing other things for the time being may make you feel better.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 07:41 PM

How much stress does it actually take for me to miss my period? Because recently, I've started a new part time job, it's outdoor and ends late at night around 10:30.. It always leaves me really exhausted by the end of the day, and since I'm still new to it, i thought maybe that couldve caused it?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 08:03 PM

Starting a new job and working long hours that you're not used to could cause you to be stressed which can be a cause of a missed period.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 08:51 PM

I actually start work from 4 pm to 10 pm, its not that long but since its my first time working ever, im still not used to it so i guess it actually did cause me some stress, especially that its outdoor and im kinda underweight tbh weighing [Edited] with a height of around 152cm

Also.. I forgot to mention.. During my last period, I got diagnosed with gastroenteritis/acid reflux during the second day of my period. The doctor gave me an antibiotic and a few other meds to go with it.. Could this be a cause as well?

Last edited by Astrophile.; September 24th 2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 24th 2015, 11:07 PM

Even if it is only six hours, you're still working and it's your first time, which could cause stress, yes. Along with that, antibiotics and other meds can definitely be a cause of missed periods.

Try to take it easy and if you are still late, take a test two weeks after you had sex. Then go from there.

-EAP-

(#8 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 07:54 AM

Hi! I had a few drops of blood when I woke up this morning.. Could this be implantation bleeding or the start of my period?
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 08:03 AM

If it was only a few drops, and nothing else, it may have been implantation bleeding. I would go ahead and call your doctor for a blood or urine test.

-EAP-

(#10 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 08:07 AM

Its still ongoin though.. Like when I pee, there are still some that go with it..
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 02:41 PM

You didn't say that it was ongoing. It's probably your period then.

-EAP-

(#12 (permalink)) Old
xeu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 04:44 PM

Thank you so so much for your replies! It is my period.. It suddenly became heavy after a few hours, and started like how it normally would for me on my first day.. Dysmenorrhea :/ Thank you and i appreciate all your help throughout this thread!
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9 days late.. Am I pregnant? - September 25th 2015, 06:02 PM

Since this issue has been resolved, I am going to close the thread. Feel free to open up another thread in the future with other concerns or questions.

-EAP-

Closed Thread