TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Name: Katie.

Points: 11,074, Level: 15 Points: 11,074, Level: 15 Points: 11,074, Level: 15

Unhappy 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:26 PM

this past saturday...i got drunk and ended up having sex with this guy....welll it was dark in the room so i couldn't see him...but i told him to put the condom on and i heard him open the package and put it on...and i heard it snap? i guess...not like break...but like it was on...then its obvious what came next....but the whole time we were having sex he kept bitching about the condom not staying on..that should have been my warning sign to stop right there. well when he came and got off of me, something didn't feel right...i felt myself down there and all of his cum was all over my vagina...(inside it too, idk...i didn't check) and i flipped out and screamed at him...and said where is the condom at? and he showed it to me and it was completely empty...no rips, tears or holes...it was just empty..and thats when it hit me that all his cum was on me...soo i went to the bathroom and got some toilet paper and wiped it off..and that was that...then later on that early morning, i came home..and since it was 4am i couldn't take a shower, if that would have helped anything? and so i just went to sleep, then the next morning i took a shower...am i pregnant definatly? or is there a possibility that i'm not?

Every exit is an entrance somewhere else.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:31 PM

There is always a possibility of becoming pregnant when having sex whether or not you used protection. But I don’t understand why you assume that you are pregnant so soon? You said it happened last Saturday, so it has only been six days. You will have to wait another week before you can even get an accurate read on a pregnancy test. If you really can’t wait you can go to your doctor’s and have a blood test done.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:35 PM

The only way you will no for sure is if you take a pregnancy test. You can wait until your period to see if it's late/you skip it and then take a test. We can't tell you if you are or not. If you can't get an at home pregnancy test you can go to your doctor. Honestly the shower probably wouldn't have helped any. The sperm was already on you and already had it's chance to get into your system. Try not to freak out (really really hard to do I know) But that could cause your period to be late. Hope this helps. Let us know how it works out. Best, Megan
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:38 PM

thanks, you guys...and the reason why i think i am...is because of the situation of what happened..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:38 PM

Now, there are no definitelys when it comes down to pregnancy. Just having sex without protection does not mean you'll be pregnant, you have to be at the right stage of your menstrual cycle to get pregnant and there are only a few days per month you can conceive. However, it's still a possiblity. A good indication how likely you are to be pregnant might be to think about when you last had your period and then figure out when you'll be most fertile. Most women are most fertile from days 12-16, so if you just had your period or are just about to have it the chances are less likely (although still not impossible).

The only way to know for certain is to take a test.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:40 PM

Yeah, It's too late to take Plan B... If you weren't ovulating you can't get pregnant... You ovulate typically 14 days after your period... Is that around how many days from your last period?

If you do find out you are pregnant, we are all here to help you out. We won't let you down, okay? Worry is worthless and It's just best to take things as they come. I do advise you not to have sex with this individual again, I'm glad you wanted a condom, that shows that you're taking responsibility. The guy probably just doesn't like condoms and tried to fool you. I wouldn't trust him. And if you get pregnant, and have the kid, take his ass to court for child support =)

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:44 PM

thanks, and actually i took this plan b pill back in january and got my period for a short while...and then it went and didn't come back at all..but i was also sexually active around then but i used protection and i checked it when all was finished with and everything was in there...honestly, i have no clue....i just need to take a pregnancy test....

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMeUnleashed View Post
thanks, and actually i took this plan b pill back in january and got my period for a short while...and then it went and didn't come back at all..but i was also sexually active around then but i used protection and i checked it when all was finished with and everything was in there...honestly, i have no clue....i just need to take a pregnancy test....

Yeah, I would take a test in about a week, maybe less since you said it was last Saturday? Just learn from this situation. Maybe get on a birth control pill, get some condoms from the clinic. If you're going to have sex it should be healthy sex. When you do have healthy sex, you have a confidence that comes with it, because you know you're safe and doing the right thing. One time can ruin your life. I've always tried to be safe, and I've been active for 4 years. No babies so far

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:49 PM

thanks, and i will...thank you all so much for the advice, i feel a lot more ready to tackle this situation

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMeUnleashed View Post
thanks, and i will...thank you all so much for the advice, i feel a lot more ready to tackle this situation

Good. You can always leave me a message. I'm on here a lot of the time =)

(#11 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 07:53 PM

alright, i sure will

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 09:55 PM

yea i know they answered your question but i just want to say try not to stress too much because that can make your period late (i think it does that to us when we're worried about pregnancy just to spite us =P)

(#13 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 23rd 2010, 11:37 PM

No, you're not definitely pregnant. Wait and see if you miss your period. If you do, take a test and then go from there.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 02:34 AM

In my opinion, this can be considered rape for multiple reasons:

1) You were drunk and legally you are unable to give consent
2) You are not of the age where you can legally give consent
3) Even if the other two factors were not an issue, you agreed to sex under the terms where protection would be used, and since he did not use protection the act was not consensual

So I suggest that you tell your parents and file a police report.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 04:10 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...

I really don't mean to sound rude, but am I the only one who thinks 14 is a tad young to be getting drunk and having sex? Maybe, to keep this from happening, you should try and not do that... but that's just my opinion. As for the rape thing posted, how old was he for one, and honestly, i think it would be ridiculous to file a report now, and really, if he was a young guy who thought you consented, as if you didn't make him stop or say no, that would just seem idk, not something i would do. if i said stop! then i would file a report, as it is totally inappropriate. He might have possibly been drunk also and unable to give consent, and been under age so... just saying before anyone goes to file a report. He tried using protection, but idk it failed apparently. take a pregnancy test if your period is late, and just take it from there. Don't stress either, as that will delay your period. If you are not mature enough or able to care for a child, or not to properly use protection and choose a sexual partner, i don't believe sex is a good idea at this time, and keeping from doing it for awhile at your age might be good. your body isn't mature, along with mind. Also, it would keep pregnancies from happening, and save you a lot of trouble at this age. Not trying to be a bitch, but at your age, it seems like the best thing.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
ChapperIce Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 06:01 AM

If the condom was completely empty, it sounds like to me that he took it off without you knowing. Also if he is older than you it is possible what he did was statutory rape.

If he did indeed take off the condom after you both agreed to using one, you can press charges for this as well.

On the pregnancy, there is a high chance you are pregnant. I say wait until your period is actually due to panic,but if you're really worrying, get a blood test at the doctor's.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 06:27 AM

hey dont tell her there's a high chance. it depends on where she is in her cycle. dont make her panic when she doesnt need to yet. yes 14 is young but she didnt come here for judgment from us. the guy was 18 so it is statutory since she's under the age of consent and she could file a police report if she wanted to. her parents could also file

(#18 (permalink)) Old
ChapperIce Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 09:31 AM

Risk rather than chance, then? i'm not going to lie and say there's a low risk of pregnancy with her situation. However it is possible she isn't considering it was recent and she hasn't had any sort of test yet.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
adfactor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam Garner

Points: 8,876, Level: 13 Points: 8,876, Level: 13 Points: 8,876, Level: 13

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 09:39 AM

there is always a chance that your not pregnant. he might be infertile or so could you.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 24th 2010, 02:57 PM

There is a chance you could be, but like others have said you may not have been ovulating at that time. Just don't stress over it, and get your self a testing kit.

You know what to do next time don't you. Don't get drunk and you wont have to write these threads.

Hope everything goes how you want it to go.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 26th 2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild32273 View Post
hey dont tell her there's a high chance. it depends on where she is in her cycle. dont make her panic when she doesnt need to yet. yes 14 is young but she didnt come here for judgment from us. the guy was 18 so it is statutory since she's under the age of consent and she could file a police report if she wanted to. her parents could also file
Look, I'm not trying to judge, but I am pretty sure I'm not the only person who would suggest maybe abstaining from sex until she is mature enough to handle all the responsibilities that come with it, such as properly using protection, and being prepared for the what if's if protection failed. I'm not trying to judge, but I am trying to make a logical suggestion, as not having or getting proper protection would save her from another mess like this. Take a test, and see what it reads, such as positive or negative for pregnancy, then take it from there. Just try to be more responsible next time with sex, or don't have it
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19 Points: 18,014, Level: 19

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 26th 2010, 04:49 PM

Katie,

I will restate what has already been said. Any time you have sex, with protection or without, there is a chance of pregnancy. It's a much, much smaller chance if you use protection, but the possibility is still there. Always make sure that you use protection when having sex; if you must, but the condom on yourself. It may also be beneficial for you to look into taking birth control pills.

Wait two weeks, and then take an at-home pregnancy test. You could also go to a doctor for a blood test five days after sex.

I will not lecture you on the dangers of drinking and unprotected sex. However, just remember to take care of yourself; pregnancy is not your only worry, as you could also contract a sexually transmitted disease. Using a condom is the only way to protect yourself from STDs, besides just not having sex at all.

Take care, and if you need anything, feel free to send me a PM.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 28th 2010, 04:24 AM

thanks you guys =)

(#24 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 28th 2010, 06:52 AM

Hey there, Katie. I want to touch upon something that hasn't really been discussed yet. It may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised as to how many teens (and even adults!) don't do this one thing.

Do your research. Educate yourself. Don't rely entirely on what members of TeenHelp have told you, or on what you've read over the internet. Go to a medical professional (try Planned Parenthood or a non-profit women's clinic) and get all the facts.
  • Learn how to properly store and apply condoms. Yes, men wear condoms, but WOMEN become pregnant... so it's just as much your responsibility to make sure that things are done correctly.
  • Learn about the various methods of birth control, and talk to a physician about getting a prescription for it (you might even be able to get it for free at a non-profit women's clinic... and best of it, it's confidential!).
  • Learn about STD's. Once you've seen a few pictures of genital warts, you'll NEVER go without a condom again (well, unless you really, REALLY trust your partner).
  • Learn about your body and menstruation cycle. That way, you'll know when it's "safest" to have sex, and you'll have a better idea of when something isn't right (like your period being delayed).
  • Learn about the emergency contraceptive pill, or "Plan B". Know when it is and is not effective to take it, and find out where you can get it (again, you might be able to get it for free at a non-profit women's clinic).
Finally, ask yourself what you would do, if you were to become pregnant (even after using condoms and birth control). Would you get an abortion, put your child up for adoption, or keep it? If you kept it, how would you support yourself and your child? You're 14, so chances are, your parents would have to bear the burden (unless your sexual partner was old enough - and willing - to provide financial support). Consider every possible scenario.

I know that this is a lot of information, and that it can be overwhelming to try and take all of this in... but think about how overwhelming it was (and perhaps still is) to imagine becoming pregnant unexpectedly, or becoming a single mom. Better to worry about all of this information now, vs. dealing with the consequences of not being properly informed later on. And again, do NOT settle for our advice alone. You're best off talking to an actual doctor, one who can talk you through the entire process in-person.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 28th 2010, 09:10 PM

If his cum was all over your vagina, there's probably a possibility some got inside of you too. But you are still young so there may be a possibility you are not. I would get tested just to be sure.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - April 29th 2010, 08:50 PM

thanks you guys

and robin too....i needed all that information and it helped a lot.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Re: 97% sure i'm pregnant , but is there any hope that im not? - May 2nd 2010, 10:47 PM

So are you pregnant or not? We would like to know when you get a result
Closed Thread