TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Points: 10,088, Level: 14 Points: 10,088, Level: 14 Points: 10,088, Level: 14

Unhappy im pregnant.... - June 6th 2011, 09:16 PM

i took 4 different tests and they all were positive
im so worried. what do i do?!?
i dont know if im ready...
i need help!
im scared.

Forget the risk. Take the fall. If it's meant to be, it's worth it all.
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all fucking dead

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Points: 9,624, Level: 14 Points: 9,624, Level: 14 Points: 9,624, Level: 14

Re: im pregnant.... - June 6th 2011, 09:30 PM

Wow, at 17 I can only imagine the scare of it all, I have had my worries and just worrying is stressful enough, but you have to tell your parents now, the sooner you tell them the quicker they will get over it and accept it, you don't wanna tell your parents when you start showing because when you have it they might still be upset. You might wanna sit down with the father and talk to him first and just let him know and see what needs to happens. I think you will be fine, and most mothers are after a year, but it is alot of stress it has to be and no one said it was going to be easy, PM me if need someone to talk to..... Wish you luck

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrimeStopper Offline
Emily
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Be content within

Points: 8,538, Level: 13 Points: 8,538, Level: 13 Points: 8,538, Level: 13

Re: im pregnant.... - June 6th 2011, 10:23 PM

You really do need to tell your parents. In order for you to get decent medical attention you going to have to.

Second you need to decide what your going to do. Whether you keep the baby, give it up, or abored the pregnancy. Do you really want to be a mother right now? You have your whole life ahead of you. States show that 99% of teens dads don't stay in the picture.

I'll tell you what I personally think you should do. I know some people aren't for abortions. It may seem horrible and what not but it's not. I think for your well being, your family, and for your baby that you should abored this pregnancy. Call me harsh and wrong it's just my thoughts and I'm being honest. I speak from experience. I got a abortion and sure I think what life would of been like with my beautiful baby. But I also know having my child was not the right choice.

But I fully understad that people don't want to do abortion based on what they hunk it's like. So the other option I think you should do is adoption. Get to a agency and start setting up meetings with potential families. Then also with that th awaiting family is paying the medical bills for this pregnancy not your parents. Adoption would be great too. A well deserving family would get a healthy baby. But on the flip side with I is YOU have to go through all the emotional medical and delivery of this child.

You really should start planning on what you are going to do. It's never to soon to plan. If you want to chat feel free to get a hold of me. Hope all goes well to you. Just make a desicion based on what's best for the BABY not what YOU personally want. After all it's not all about you right now.

Relax and catch your breath right now. Maybe call a pregnancy hotline to just get all your emotions out.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: im pregnant.... - June 7th 2011, 12:21 AM

Hey Amanda,
I know this is going to be a very difficult and scary time for you, but the first thing you've got to do is to tell your parents. You need to seek medical attention immediately. They'll perform another pregnancy test just to confirm. Sometimes, home pregnancy tests can give false positives, but since you've taken four of them with all a 'YES' then I would say it's safe to say you are. A false positive four times is quite unheard of.
The doctor will also perform a sonogram to make sure everything is okay, and that there aren't any problems.
You'll also need to make a hard decision. Either, you will keep the baby (if so, I hope you have an amazing support system from parents, the babies father, friends), to give the baby up for adoption to a family who could provide for the baby, or to have an abortion.
If you decide to keep the baby, you need to get your hands on some prenatal vitamins that give the baby extra nutrients that it needs.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: im pregnant.... - June 7th 2011, 03:08 PM

Hey there, I'm sure its scary, pregnancy is a rather big deal. My suggestion would be to talk to your parents and seek some medical advice. Its your choice wether or not you decide to keep your child, put it up for adoption or abort the pregnancy. Look into all your options but first thing first you need to see a doctor.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
Closed Thread