TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
keybladeninja11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,997, Level: 13 Points: 7,997, Level: 13 Points: 7,997, Level: 13

Question maybe pregnant? too early to tell? - September 29th 2011, 02:06 AM

on september 17th, i had unprotected sex. it wasnt intentional, things just got out of hand with my boyfriend and we both feel incredibly stupid. right before he came though, he pulled out. he says he's very positive that none of the semen got inside but i have yet to have my period and i usually get my period around this time...but i also know that my period has been irregular quite a few times. ive looked up the symptoms for the earliest signs of pregnancy and the only symptoms i have is being grumpy/overemotional and craving food, but i also get these symptoms a little before i hit my period...
im really scared because im not ready for a child...i suppose it could be worse, like i could still be in high school or raped but could i be pregnant? should i take a prego test or is it too early?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
victoriabankson Offline
Average Joe

Name: victoria bankson

Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14

Re: maybe pregnant? too early to tell? - September 29th 2011, 02:19 AM

id wait another week befor you try a prego test the best thign to dois not worry because by worrying to much you coudl trick your body into think its prego but it would all be in your head. if the prego test you take comes out positve i would wait a month and take it again or go see a doctor to check. oh and make sure you read the dircetions and take the test first thign in the morning. good luck

victoria bankson the person who will always be there for you

they tell me they love me
and yet
they use me then leave me
in an old scary ally
where i have to hide
to stay alive then
on day the new prince will come
and i believe that hes different
but he does the same thing all the rest have done
then comes the boy i've known all my life
he takes me home and teaches me to live
and we end up falling in love
NOW if only i could believe that

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: maybe pregnant? too early to tell? - September 29th 2011, 04:46 AM

In all honesty, you wouldn't be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet. You didn't even have time for conception to take place, really. Usually, it takes about 14 days before a pregnancy test could be seen as accurate. Since you had sex on the 17th, and it's only been 11 days since you had sex, you wouldn't even know yet.

Pregnancy symptoms don't usually start around or until 8 weeks of pregnany, but this is just a general thing. Everyone is different so early pregnancy symptoms might start earlier or later for some people.

You need to stop pysching yourself out. One: stressing can lead to you not having a period this month at all, which would only increase your stress. Two: believing you have early signs of pregnancy could put your mind and body in a state where it truly thinks its pregnancy, causing a hysterical pregnancy.

Third: Don't worry. It's still too early to tell, and there are options for you to choose from if you are, indeed, pregnant. But, right now, you need to calm down and relax.

After about 14 days, or if you don't get your period by October 1st, or the end of next week, I would take a pregnancy test since you would have accurate results by then.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: maybe pregnant? too early to tell? - September 30th 2011, 05:37 PM

As a general rule, most women don't have symptoms yet. That said, every woman and every pregnancy is different. Some women I have talked to swear they feel different immediately, and others have no symptoms until later. This time I got a very very faint positive test 8 days after ovulation/sex, with my other pregnancies I have gotten my first positives at 11 dpo (days past ovulation/sex), 11 dpo, and 18 dpo.If you haven't already, I advise going out and buying a pregnancy test. Take it with your first morning urine and go from there. If it is positive, start thinking of what you want to do. You have 3 options, of which I am sure you are well aware. If you decide to continue the pregnancy I suggest doing some research and deciding if you want to see an OB or a midwife. Good luck!

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

Closed Thread