TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xsamx3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,507, Level: 12 Points: 7,507, Level: 12 Points: 7,507, Level: 12

Unhappy Pregnant? - November 4th 2011, 04:57 PM

I am on birth control and recently went home for a long weekend and forgot to take my birth control home with me. My mom had some extra of hers (different kind than what I take) so i took that for the 5 days. The last 3 days i was home i had unprotected sex about 10 times. I am now home and it is a week later. I have a slight brownish red vaginal discharge with my normal clear, and it seems to be heavier. Could this mean I'm pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: amanda

Points: 10,088, Level: 14 Points: 10,088, Level: 14 Points: 10,088, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant? - November 4th 2011, 05:08 PM

i konw some pregnant women experience that, but the only way to know for sure is to take a home pregnancy test. pm me if u want.
good luck!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Pregnant? - November 4th 2011, 05:19 PM

The only way you'll know for sure is if you take a pregnancy test when you miss your period or whenever the bleeding stops. Also, you should never take birth control pills that are not prescribed to you even if they're your mom's.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant? - November 4th 2011, 06:11 PM

I agree with Brittany. Firstly, taking birth control that isn't yours could mess up your cycle, and could over-ride the birth control you normally take. Even if it is your mom's, you should refrain from doing this again. If you happen to forget your birth control next time you go home, don't take anyone else's.

Secondly, it's too early to tell if you're pregnant. It's only been a week, and usually, a pregnancy test won't be accurate until two weeks after unprotected sex. Give it some time, and then take a test to be sure. Since you DID take your mother's birth control, this may have affected you in a way where you could have gotten pregnant. From what I've heard (And correct me if I'm wrong anyone) birth control takes a month to become fully effective in our systems. Since you began taking a different brand, this may have happened to you.

Just wait it out. The bleeding could have been caused from taking your mom's birth control. Or, it could just be some spotting. In another week or so, take a pregnancy test and go from there.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant? - November 4th 2011, 11:15 PM

ten times in three days? Could be you just overdid it a little.

What just happened?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: Pregnant? - November 5th 2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
I agree with Brittany. Firstly, taking birth control that isn't yours could mess up your cycle, and could over-ride the birth control you normally take. Even if it is your mom's, you should refrain from doing this again. If you happen to forget your birth control next time you go home, don't take anyone else's.

Secondly, it's too early to tell if you're pregnant. It's only been a week, and usually, a pregnancy test won't be accurate until two weeks after unprotected sex. Give it some time, and then take a test to be sure. Since you DID take your mother's birth control, this may have affected you in a way where you could have gotten pregnant. From what I've heard (And correct me if I'm wrong anyone) birth control takes a month to become fully effective in our systems. Since you began taking a different brand, this may have happened to you.

Just wait it out. The bleeding could have been caused from taking your mom's birth control. Or, it could just be some spotting. In another week or so, take a pregnancy test and go from there.
Most only take 7 days now. But even that is too long in OPs case. I agree with everything though, never take anyone else's rx, there is nothing you can do at this point but wait another week or so and take a test. Bleeding is most likely caused by the up/down of hormones in your system. All different birth controls have different levels of hormones in them, since your mother is on a different kind she most likely has a different level in hers than you do.

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
loveme_x Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Points: 9,074, Level: 13 Points: 9,074, Level: 13 Points: 9,074, Level: 13

Re: Pregnant? - November 8th 2011, 05:56 PM

3 days 10 times????? lol tell me how yu did that without gettting sore or tired of it! But it could be tht yuover did it. Because its way too early to tell.
Closed Thread