TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RebeccaR1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,347, Level: 12 Points: 7,347, Level: 12 Points: 7,347, Level: 12

Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 11th 2012, 06:28 PM

Ok this is going to be pretty long but I would greatly appreciate any help.
Basically I had unprotected sex a few weeks ago but he pulled out and didn't even come, he's also pretty sure he doesn't pre-come. I was supposed to get my period on the 6th but didn't so I took two First Response pregnancy tests, one on the 6th, one on the 8th which both came out negative. My period is now five days late which is strange for me. The problem is, I also had unprotected sex last night but he pulled out again. I know it was very stupid. I want to know why my period is late. I'm also pretty stressed and have been worried about my period. I know I should make an appointment with a doctor but I can't really get to one and I can't let my parents know. I have also been having tender breasts and have a mild UTI (could that delay my period?) I am extremely worried and paranoid and any help would be appreciated, I just don't really know where to go from here. I know I should go to a family planning clinic but the one near where I live is only open twice a week at really awkward times.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RebeccaR1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 11th 2012, 06:33 PM

Also I'm 15
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 11th 2012, 06:42 PM

First of all, it's normal for periods to be off balance when you're young. Stress and worry can alter when you have it, so it may be why you're late for your period. If he didn't cum, then you most likely aren't pregnant because it's impossible to get pregnant if there isn't any cum involved when you have sex.

If you truely are worried, then wait about 10 days to 2 weeks (it varries woman to woman how early you can tell) and take another test.

A UTI can't affect a period in anyway. In the future, have protected sex to prevent this worry. But you're most likely just stressed, so try to calm down and your period will probably come soon. Also, tender breasts can be a sign that your period is coming up soon. My breats get tender and sore about a few days to a week before my period, so that's probably why they feel that way.

I know I've heard, but I don't know if it's true, but having sex can possibly make your period a little late. It's happened to me before. I remember the first time I had sex my period was 3 weeks late and I was 14 at the time. So, I wouldn't sweat it.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RebeccaR1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 11th 2012, 08:06 PM

Thanks for your help, it was pretty reassuring. I'm going to take your advice and wait a while before I take a test and see what happens.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 11th 2012, 09:58 PM

Danielle said everything I would have :P

So, I wouldn't stress too much. And the sore breasts definitely sound like it could be your period preparing to start. It would be very very unlikely for it to be from pregnancy. You said you had sex a few weeks ago and most women won't have symptoms until anywhere from 6 weeks gestation (from the time the baby is implanted) to 12 weeks!

So if it was under 5 or 6 weeks ago since you had sex, it would most likely not be pregnancy symptoms.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Bury The Hate Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chelsey

Points: 7,360, Level: 12 Points: 7,360, Level: 12 Points: 7,360, Level: 12

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 12th 2012, 01:31 PM

All you really can do is take a test and see what happens. There are so many reasons why a period could be late and pregnancy is only one of them. A big one is stress. If your period actually is already late, you can test and it should be accurate. It might put your mind at ease to test soon.

Best wishes!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 12th 2012, 04:44 PM

Stressing can definitely make your period go off course. Even for women who have had their periods forever can easily have their cycles easily screwed up due to stress, changes in exercise and diet, and other things. Basically, ANYTHING can make your period go off whack, and because you're 15, it's normal for your period to still be adjusting to new cycles.

The first thing I'm going to tell you is to calm down and relax, and stop stressing about it. Stress DOES AND CAN make your period come early OR late. Freaking out about it isn't going to help, so the first step is going to be to sit back and relax, and stop stressing over the situation.

You mentioned that he pulled out and didn't cum. While the pull-out method isn't the greatest for birth control, it doesn't sound like these incidents have lead you to become pregnant.

When you took your pregnancy tests, were they two weeks after the unprotected sex occurred? If not, you need to WAIT two weeks after the incident before testing or you WILL have negative results on the test.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
cuterthanyou864 Offline
KT
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn

Points: 7,360, Level: 12 Points: 7,360, Level: 12 Points: 7,360, Level: 12

Smile Re: Extremely worried about whether I'm pregnant - March 12th 2012, 11:29 PM

Honey just breath. It is unlikely that your pregnant but possible. If you need someone to vent feelings at let me know. You can message me if you want. I know how you feel I'm 18 but also unsure if im pregnant. Do you feel like you are? They say some women know.
Closed Thread