TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Points: 10,309, Level: 14 Points: 10,309, Level: 14 Points: 10,309, Level: 14

i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 06:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I seriously have no idea why but I feel as though I want to have unprotected sex and fall pregnant . I don't know if my depression has anything to do with it . I feel as though if I had a baby girl / boy to hold in my arms that meant the world to me It would give me a reason to live ? ....
Help please ?
I've never had sex before , I'm still a virgin but still I understand having a baby just for my own emotional benefit isn't right and my parents would have alot on their shoulders since I live with them but I'm just wondering out of curiosity if this is normal for someone of my age ( I'm 15 ) .
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 07:51 AM

First of all - you are young and probably not ready for a baby. A child requires a lot of time, attention, care, patience, and lets not forget money! It needs much maturity and responsibility to be able to raise a child. Being 15, you're most likely still in high school. Most teen mothers drop out of high school or end up not going to college, and it ends up very bad for the family.

You must feel like you want to feel loved and depended on, and that's normal. I am 16, and I've been in your situation after I had my miscarriage with my baby. But, you are in nowhere near ready to have a child if you don't have the time, maturity, and patience for a baby. A child takes away many things, and it is much worse when you're young. You could say goodbye to freedom, time with friends, sleep, getting things done. I know with my mom, a 24/7 stay at home mother sometimes doesn't get to eat, doesn't get to bathe, never gets sleep, and is stuck inside the house over half of the time.

It's very stressing having a baby. If I were you, I would reconsider things and realize that you aren't ready for a child just yet unless you're willing to dedicate everything you have into that baby and willing to give up everything.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 10:37 AM

I'm basically going to repeat what Danielle said, you are still very young and a decision like this will most likely come back to bite you from behind.

You have no idea how time/energy consuming it is to raise a baby, let alone the costs of one. If you have one, you may as well be giving up your school, and social life, as well as putting unneeded pressure on your parents' shoulders.

I understand you're depressed, but this isn't the way to go; this won't cure your depression. There are other things you can do for that such as talking to a councillor, talking to a parent, getting medical help, etc. There are people JUST for this, use them.

I repeat, DO NOT make this mistake, especially when you're only 15 years old. I'm not saying having a baby is bad, I'm just saying not now as you're too young. When you're in your mid 20s - 30s and you have a stable job/life, then you can think about having one but right now, you simply can't support one, you'll be unfairly putting the responsibility on your parents.

If you ever want to talk about feeling down/depressed, then you can talk to any of us, that's what we're here for!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 10:45 AM

You asked if it's normal for a 15-year-old to feel like that? The answer is yes. I get incredibly broody sometimes (especially at my time of the month ) but it's nothing to worry about. It's just your hormones going haywire. What's important is that you don't act on these impulses
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
cassie.x Offline
Last of the english roses.
Average Joe

Name: cassie

Points: 11,812, Level: 15 Points: 11,812, Level: 15 Points: 11,812, Level: 15

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 11:45 AM

I agree with what everyone else has said really.
I believe your age is making you slightly niave as to what being a parent and brining up a child will involve and you should live out your own youth first.
You asked if your 'depression' maybe has something to do with this and i think it will, it makes you feel like if you have a child you will have someone to love you.
You have the rest of your life to have a child when you are emotionally mature and ready for that responsibility, I suggest you go to your family planning clinic and sort out some type of birth control & don't be afraid of telling them how you feel, many of them have details of councilers they can set up meetings with if you feel that may help you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 5th 2012, 12:12 PM

Is it normal? Yes. Is it right? Not really. Wanting a baby is something I think ALL girls go through, whether or not they really want to have kids (in the future, that is). Having a baby, giving birth and caring for him/her takes much more than tender love and care. They need things, expensive things. Things that a 15 year old might not be able to provide for him/her, like medical care, diapers, clothes, etc. One baby could cost thousands of dollars a year, and that only goes up as they grow older.

I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure whether or not this has anything to do with your depression. Just realize that being 15 you don't NEED to have a baby. You'll have to grow up way before you want too. You'll miss out on a lot of normal teen experiences so you can stay home and take care of your baby. It really isn't worth it at this point in your life.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
midnight424 Offline
Fallen angel
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,402, Level: 12 Points: 7,402, Level: 12 Points: 7,402, Level: 12

Thumbs up Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 9th 2012, 04:36 PM

I am like fifteen days until i am fifteen and guess what I have had that impulse for almost four years and it seems to be getting alot worse but i know the side effects and believe me i dont want my baby to die of starvation or something that could be prevented I am in the same rocky boat as you.

Jules

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 9th 2012, 05:05 PM

I agree with what everyone else has said, you are far too young for this.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15

Re: i want 2 get pregnant - April 9th 2012, 08:01 PM

I thought I wanted o have a baby for the reason to have someone that loves me and needs me. I soon found out through many talks with my pastor I am not ready. Like they all said your young and have a lot to still experience. It's way to much responsibility for a young student and takes a lot of money. I just lost my child because my body isn't ready for one. I really feel the need for my husband and I to wait until my body is ready. Besides just emotionally and finacially, you have remember psychically too!
Closed Thread