TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Ask him out, make things official 1 50.00%
Keep things the way they are 1 50.00%
Stop screwing your coworker completely 0 0%
Voters: 2. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Points: 21,720, Level: 21 Points: 21,720, Level: 21 Points: 21,720, Level: 21

Dating someone you work with - June 19th 2012, 03:11 PM

I started a job in january, and pretty soon, me and one of my coworkers started chatting and found that we both have a really similar sense of humour, after a couple of months of joking and a bit of flirting, we hung out one evening and had a few drinks, after hanging out a few times, we started having sex and have been seeing each other since. It's really relaxed, we're not hugely serious and neither of us is the jealous type. No-one else at work knows about this, and we are planning on keeping it quiet as the people we work with do gossip quite a bit. I think at the moment, if either of us decided we didn't want to continue seeing each other, we could quite easily go back to just being coworkers.
I've been thinking and I really do like this guy a lot and I'd like to ask him to be my boyfriend I'm just a bit worried incase we do start dating and then have an argument or break up or something because I really don't want things to be awkward at work. So far, nothing has been awkward and we have managed to keep our work and personal lives completely separate. So, going by this, what do you guys reckon I should do? Should I ask him out? Or just leave things as they are?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Dating someone you work with - June 19th 2012, 04:15 PM

Well, if you want to date a guy you work with...you'll have to break up on good terms if you do eventually break up. The hard part is not really separating your personal lives with business, but what could happen if the relationship doesn't work out. It could be super awkward if the relationship goes sour because you'll still have to see him a lot regardless of whether ya'll hate each other or not. It's good to end on good terms because even though the relationship will be ended, at least ya'll can still work together knowing that ya'll had a relationship. This is, of course, if the relationship fails. If it succeeds, then you can certainly separate your business and personal life together...provided that he's willing to do the same. If it's a mutual understanding, then there shouldn't be a problem with being in a relationship and working at the same job.
Closed Thread