TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

My boyfriend keeps thinking I'm going off him :( - March 16th 2014, 05:50 PM

I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year and 3 months and he asks me about once every few months if I'm going off him and I don't know why I tell him I love him all the time and I don't know what I'm doing to make him think that. When I ask him why does he think that he doesn't really give me a clear answer.

It just saddens me to think that he thinks this

He does have Aspergers so maybe he's finding me hard to read and thinks I may be annoyed with him when I'm genuinely not.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ginger98 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ginger98

Points: 7,308, Level: 12 Points: 7,308, Level: 12 Points: 7,308, Level: 12

Re: My boyfriend keeps thinking I'm going off him :( - March 16th 2014, 06:17 PM

The most you can do is continue to tell him how much you love him. That's all you can really do at this point in you me relationship. An he'll hopefully come to believe you!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: My boyfriend keeps thinking I'm going off him :( - March 17th 2014, 12:22 AM

I know someone who married a man diagnosed with Asperger's. You could be right about the misinterpretation of facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. I think it's strange that he's not giving you specific examples of things you say/do to suggest you're "going off him," though. Perhaps this has more to do with anxiety/insecurities/low self-esteem than Asperger's? Next time the opportunity arises, you might want to question him a bit further. Ask if you said something, then if you did something, then if you didn't do something, then if a specific thought or memory comes to mind... it may take some digging, but hopefully, the two of you can work through this. Let him know it's important to get to the bottom of this issue, even if he doesn't see the importance of doing so.

Closed Thread