TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Points: 6,886, Level: 12 Points: 6,886, Level: 12 Points: 6,886, Level: 12

How to flirt in high school? - October 25th 2014, 06:16 AM

So I'm 15 and I'm friends with this girl. But I want to be more than friends. The problem is I have literally no idea if she also wants to be more than friends. This wouldn't be a huge issue and I would just ask her out, except she has ended multiple friendships with several other guys due to them asking her out and her not wanting to deal with the awkwardness. So I really need to be sure before I ask her out. I think that flirting would allow me to see how she responds to me being more engaged and... just overall how she responds to the idea of me liking her while retaining plausible deniability. My mind is made up and being direct doesn't work in this scenario for me. So my question is.... how do I flirt with her semi-subtly? She has little to no excperience with flirting to it needs to be pretty obvious without going over the "Creepy" line. Do I just hold eye contact slightly longer than usual (3-5 seconds?) and compliment her? BTW I NEVER compliment people since A. I'm a jerk and B. I never think to, so it isn't like eye contact and compliments would be normal behavior for us. Any other ideas for being flirtatious?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Points: 5,930, Level: 11 Points: 5,930, Level: 11 Points: 5,930, Level: 11

Re: How to flirt in high school? - October 25th 2014, 04:02 PM

You ask them questions and compliment them. This is what I do
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: How to flirt in high school? - October 25th 2014, 11:52 PM

Hey there,

I agree with what was said above. Usually when guys flirt with me, I've noticed that they give a lot of compliments, ask me questions about my personal life, and tease me in a joking manner. You could compliment the girl and tell her that she looks nice, ask her how her day is going, and yeah, just the usual stuff. Smiling a lot around her is also a good way. When I tend to flirt, I laugh and smile a lot so that there is a happy/jocular mood to the conversation. You could also touch her slightly...like arms, shoulder(pat on the back/shoulder) as flirting.

Hope this help!

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: How to flirt in high school? - October 26th 2014, 03:06 AM

-Extend eye contact, even if it's just by a couple seconds. This won't be obvious flirting, because a lot of times me and my guy friends will hold eye contact to creep each other out or have a funny face or staring contest from across the room.

-Try touching her after she says something funny...just subtly and lightly on her arm or hand or something.

-Try to get to know if she's into anybody. A lot of times, girls are more open about their crushes with their other girl friends, but I've actually told some close guy friends about who I like. So yeah, just subtly ask if she's "going to some random dance with anyone" or if she "wishes anyone would ask her out"... something along those lines.

-do some research. try looking at "signs a guy likes you" that way, you'll know what she's looking for. you can then choose whether you want to be more obvious or not.

Good luck man, hope this works out for you~

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheTameLion Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jeff

Points: 6,886, Level: 12 Points: 6,886, Level: 12 Points: 6,886, Level: 12

Re: How to flirt in high school? - October 30th 2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTameLion View Post
So I'm 15 and I'm friends with this girl. But I want to be more than friends. The problem is I have literally no idea if she also wants to be more than friends. This wouldn't be a huge issue and I would just ask her out, except she has ended multiple friendships with several other guys due to them asking her out and her not wanting to deal with the awkwardness. So I really need to be sure before I ask her out. I think that flirting would allow me to see how she responds to me being more engaged and... just overall how she responds to the idea of me liking her while retaining plausible deniability. My mind is made up and being direct doesn't work in this scenario for me. So my question is.... how do I flirt with her semi-subtly? She has little to no excperience with flirting to it needs to be pretty obvious without going over the "Creepy" line. Do I just hold eye contact slightly longer than usual (3-5 seconds?) and compliment her? BTW I NEVER compliment people since A. I'm a jerk and B. I never think to, so it isn't like eye contact and compliments would be normal behavior for us. Any other ideas for being flirtatious?

Edit: So I have been flirting pretty heavily with her for a couple days, now how do I tell if she is responding negatively, positively or if she just doesn't notice?
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: How to flirt in high school? - October 30th 2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTameLion View Post
Edit: So I have been flirting pretty heavily with her for a couple days, now how do I tell if she is responding negatively, positively or if she just doesn't notice?
If she smiles at your behaviour, says thanks to your compliments, or if she starts playing along with you and asks you about your personal life, starts complimenting you as well, if she is the one to engage those flirty exchanges, etc. then I'd say that's very positif.

If she just thanks you for the compliments, answers your questions and asks you questions about your personal life, but she is never the one to engage tose conversations, then she may not have noticed and is just being polite; however, she may just be playing hard to get. Girls often do this.

If she doesn't really smile at your attitude, if she brushes off the compliments, if her answers to your questions are very short and abrupt, and if she doesn't ask them back like any polite person would do, then it's a big BIG cue for ''STOP IT''.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
Closed Thread