TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xcloudymindx Offline
Ride,Life,Style.
Not a n00b

Name: My Name is Chloe

Points: 6,037, Level: 11 Points: 6,037, Level: 11 Points: 6,037, Level: 11

Christmas card for boyfriend? Please answer urgent thoughts! - December 22nd 2015, 12:45 PM

I bought my boyfriend his christmas card yesterday although i got for 'someone special' on the front, simply because they had no decent ones, the ones they did have had long poem messages in that says more than a 1 month relationship, like for older couples it didnt feel right to get something with a old fashioned flower or car on...

So i opted for the 'someone special' because it has a nice inside poem but not over the top...

Now im in doubt in case he thinks i dont see him in terms of a boyfriend, he got me one that says girlfriend on the front... im just thinking whether to have another look?

What are your thoughts? Does it matter? Or will it still count? I mean in my terms hes special to me, and relationships aren't about labeling.. but thinking for his terms im in so much doubt, i see him tomorrow i need urgent thoughts or suggestions?

Thankyouuuuuu xx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: Christmas card for boyfriend? Please answer urgent thoughts! - December 22nd 2015, 12:54 PM

I think that having someone special on the front is very sweet and thoughtful, so in terms of going back and getting another one, I don't think you do. He shouldn't mind if he is into the relationship and it is simple but probably means a lot more than having boyfriend on the front would. If you are happy with it, then that's all that matters. I'm sure he will love it.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Christmas card for boyfriend? Please answer urgent thoughts! - December 22nd 2015, 08:17 PM

"Someone special" is sweet because it isn't directly saying "boyfriend". It's from you, and once he sees "someone special" I bet he'll be appreciative and happy.

My advice is to keep your current card because I don't see anything wrong with it and I think he'll like it a lot. If you have second thoughts and think you may find a better card, you can always go to a different store to see if they have at least a few different cards. You can find a relatively blank card and write your own message too.

The card sounds sweet and I bet he's gonna like it a lot. Early Merry Christmas, Chloe!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Christmas card for boyfriend? Please answer urgent thoughts! - December 23rd 2015, 04:59 AM

I think the card you have sounds perfectly fine. "Someone special" lets him know just how you feel about him- that he's someone special. It doesn't necessarily have the label of "boyfriend," but it doesn't have to. As long as what is in it conveys meaning you feel, then that's what matters. I am sure that he will like the card and, as Ellie said, if you're truly in doubt, you could go to another store and look at cards there for more variety. I think you'll be fine with the one you have, though.
Closed Thread