TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JCpeace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,428, Level: 9 Points: 4,428, Level: 9 Points: 4,428, Level: 9

Question girlfriend issues - January 23rd 2016, 10:05 AM

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 6 months now. For the first five months we were great nothing really bad was happening everything was amazing we talked all the time we hung out when we could and we always opened up to one another. Now this past month she's kind of Idk become distant I guess. We had Christmas break and that was like 2 weeks and we went those two weeks without hanging out due to just not being able to and we always talked about how when we get to see each other again how of course she wanted to kiss me and me to hold her and all that but when we went back to school she completely changed. She wouldn't let me hug her or kiss her she wouldn't even let me hold her hand. Last Friday we went to a dance and she wouldn't even let me dance with her like she'd go to her best friend and dance with her but when I tried to dance with her she just seemed to ignore me. And she still won't let me touch her at all she doesn't seem like she loves me anymore and I don't want to break up with her but it feels like she is pushing me away and I've started to kind of fall into a depression over it. Any advice? Thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Points: 9,996, Level: 14 Points: 9,996, Level: 14 Points: 9,996, Level: 14

Re: girlfriend issues - January 23rd 2016, 02:29 PM

I think the best advice I could give you would be to talk to her about it. Let her know how it's making you feel, and how it's impacting you. Talk to her and make sure everything is okay with her.

Sometimes we all struggle to get back into our routine lives after the holidays are over. It's a time of year that really takes a lot out of us. We're usually around family, friends, more family, and more friends.
Maybe you could try calling her on the phone again, and just talking to her for the evening. Share your feelings and ask if she's troubled.
Make sure she knows you're concerned about her, and let her know it's impacting you too.

- Ron

Revenge is a poison meant for others that we end up swallowing ourselves.
Vengeance is a dark light that blinds all who seek it.
The untroubled soul knows there is no justice in revenge.
The untroubled soul knows that to seek vengeance, is to seek destruction.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: girlfriend issues - January 24th 2016, 04:19 AM

I think the best step to take in this situation is to talk to her about what's going on. She's the only one who knows what she's feeling. You can speculate all you want, but I believe you'd feel a lot better with answers, and she's the only one who can provide them. So talk to her, let her know how you're feeling and that you're concerned. Ask her if there's anything you can do to be there for her. Let her know you care for her and support her. Hopefully she'll be able to open up to you if you come from a place of care and concern.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: girlfriend issues - January 25th 2016, 02:30 PM

I agree with that was said above, just talk to her about it. You aren't going to know for sure what is going on until you do. Just keep your head high no matter the outcome! I'm always here if you need to talk.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: girlfriend issues - January 25th 2016, 09:51 PM

Like everyone else has said, you need to talk to her. Relationships are built on communication. Try to do it in a non confrontational way. Ask her if she's ok, how she feels about the relationship, etc. Let her know that you're feeling upset about how the relationship has changed. It's possible she's pushing you away and that she wants to end it, but it's also possible that she's decided that she wants boundaries at school (not every one is comfortable with being affectionate in public). She may not even realise that you want more intimacy from her.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
Closed Thread