TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hek123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10

Harassment by ex boyfriend and friends. How to handle the situstion?! - May 30th 2016, 01:02 AM

I'm not usually the type of person to post about this stuff but it's been tearing me apart the past couple of days. The other night my ex boyfriend and his friends were sending me dnapchat videos of them talking crap about me. It all started when my ex boyfriends bestfriend was messaging me saying he's been wanting a relationship with me since forever and thought we could work out. He also was saying and sending inappropriate things to me which made me uncomfortable. He wanted me to send him nudes and asked if we could have sex. I told him I wasn't comfortable talking to him in that way and I respected my exs feelings about the situation. He still proceeded to talk to me the same way and finally I texted my ex asking him to to tell his friend to stop talking to me in that way. My ex didn't really care that his friend was trying to get with me. The next day apparently my ex told his friend what I had told him to tell his friend. His friend was extremely pissed off. Since they were all together with their friends they decided to send me snapchat videos of telling me to F off and what not. At first that didn't really bother me until they started spreading rumors about me. They sent a video to me saying that I was a whore and that I sleep around with every guy in town and how nasty I was. It really upsets me because I have done nothing wrong yet they continue to harasse me. How am I suppose to handle this situation maturely?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10 Points: 5,068, Level: 10

Re: Harassment by ex boyfriend and friends. How to handle the situstion?! - May 30th 2016, 04:25 AM

i believe you should tell an adult about this so they can put a stop to it. You have done nothing wrong! if that does not work i think you should report it
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Harassment by ex boyfriend and friends. How to handle the situstion?! - June 1st 2016, 12:55 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about this. You did nothing wrong and don't deserve to be treated this way. I think you should keep the videos they've sent you, and tell someone you trust or go to the police and see if they can be of help.

Take care of yourself.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Harassment by ex boyfriend and friends. How to handle the situstion?! - June 2nd 2016, 12:55 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. It's understandable that you are feeling so upset over this. I think that it is brave of you to have reached out to us about the issue.

If you still have the videos I think that you should keep them and consider going to an adult about the things they are doing. I think that talking to your parents and coming up with a game plan on how to proceed would be a good idea. If you are uncomfortable going to your parents then you could consider telling someone at your school such as the counselor. They might be able to offer you some suggestions and help you work on figuring out how to handle this.

Lastly, once you have told someone maybe you could decide together if you should go to the police about this and see if there is anything they can do to help you put a stop to this.

I am wishing you the best of luck.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread