TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Points: 9,930, Level: 14 Points: 9,930, Level: 14 Points: 9,930, Level: 14

Question Dating for a year, we are only friends? - July 11th 2011, 07:23 PM

Relationship has been rocky, he says most of the time he feels blank towards me, but sometimes, he does feel romance towards me. Then there are also times when he feels like we are just bestfriends. We havent had sex in a month. I dont know what it all means. whenever the subject of breaking up comes arounds he is very against it. And says he loves me. And that he thinks he'd have the same problems while dating anyone, so if he has to go through rough times with anyone he wants it to be me. Good Lord... I love him. I love our memories. The relationship is deffinatly not the same as before. I dont want it to end.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Dating for a year, we are only friends? - July 11th 2011, 08:49 PM

I'm not exactly sure what is going through his head, but it sounds like he might have some commitment issues. He loves you, but he sometimes doesn't feel romantic feelings toward you. To me, that doesn't sound much like a relationship. I would sit down and talk to him about it, you need to have answers in order to keep the relationship alive.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Points: 15,041, Level: 17 Points: 15,041, Level: 17 Points: 15,041, Level: 17

Re: Dating for a year, we are only friends? - July 11th 2011, 09:07 PM

Sometimes things in a relationship just slow down. But it's okay! Obviously he loves you and doesn't want to break up with you and obviously you don't want things to end either. Relationships aren't always romance and acting all boyfriend/girlfriend all the time. Sometimes relationship take you back and make you realize not only are you amazing lovers and partners but you also have an amazing connection as best friends. That is always nice to have and cherish in a relationship. If it is really bothering you, you should just ask him what is going on in his head. Ask him to talk you and convey your feelings on the matter.

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: Dating for a year, we are only friends? - July 13th 2011, 03:02 AM

Most of the time he feels blank towards you? Honestly, I would suggest taking a one week break--like not to see other people, just to get some space from each other, think things over, hang out with friends, and get your minds cleared out on this a little bit. Sometimes instead of CONSTANTLY trying to tackle an issue, what you really need is to experience other things in life to give you some perspective.
Closed Thread