TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

[Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 7th 2011, 10:26 PM

I haven't had a boyfriend in 3/4 years. Nobody has been interested in me like that since my ex. I've never been on an actual date.

Basically I kind of like this guy. My friends told me he liked me too but I paid no attention. He actually told my friend tonight he does like me and he thinks I'm pretty (I don't know why he thinks that, but... yeah) My friend asked him if he would want to go on a date with me and he said yeah. This all happened when I was in the bathroom so I had no real say in this I want to go on a date with him but it would be insanely awkward. I am quite shy in real life. I have the confidence of a stick insect.

He said he's busy this week so if we do go somewhere it'll be next week.

My friend said she will come with us with her boyfriend if it would make it less awkward (like a double date). But then her boyfriend said it may make it more awkward :| Idk what to do.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Points: 18,336, Level: 19 Points: 18,336, Level: 19 Points: 18,336, Level: 19

Re: [Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 13th 2011, 02:19 AM

Go for it! This sounds like great opportunity, anytime your meeting someone new just be yourself. The double date idea is great I’d suggest doing something social in other words don’t see a movie because then you’re not actually getting to know each other. Even though you may think ¾ of a year is a long time not to be in a relationship it’s probably not a good idea to see stars on the first date. Be friendly and polite and you’ll be fine. On your first date just take it easy see if everyone wants to go for a round of drinks at a bar or something then call it a night nothing crazy.

Also if you decide to see him next weekend ask him to hangout one on one, try to take it to a more personal level and get to know each other. If it doesn’t work out it’s not a big deal that’s what dating is all about. Online dating is another option to meet people if you’re not in school or the atmosphere isn’t right. Did you have something in mind for a first date? Try not to let it get awkward and remember your there to be yourself that way if he likes you nothing changes down the road, if he doesn’t well then its not meant to be. Nothing worth losing sleep over.

Cheer's to a good upcoming weekend I hope you have fun.

Last edited by Ryan1; October 13th 2011 at 02:29 AM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: [Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 13th 2011, 05:59 AM

When I was in primary school, a stick insect jumped on my head. Those things can gather a lot of confidence when they feel like it .

I think a double date would be a good idea - as long as you don't spend the whole time talking to your friend, which is what girls often do on double dates. I like what Ryan said about doing something social, so you can get to know each other. And maybe try not to make it something couple-y? Something like ten-pin bowling would be great because it's casual and fun; it makes it much less awkward.

Also, if this guy has seen you around, then he is probably well-aware that you are shy. And he obviously likes that about you. Don't worry about being too shy. Most people are nervous on first dates; you aren't going to be any worse than any other 20-year-old on a first date.

But you should definitely go on a date with him, even if it isn't a double date. You are such a wonderful person, you deserve this.

And then you should come here afterwards and tell us everything that happened .

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: [Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 13th 2011, 09:00 PM

Hey Ceilidh, I think this thread is so cute and I'm sure that things will go well for you and this guy, just believe in yourself

A double date could make it less awkward but it means that it may be harder to get to know each other and if (when!) the date goes well if you two wanted to do something a little private it might be awkward for your friend to be watching

Buuuut, if you think it'll help your confidence then go for it.

P.s he thinks you're pretty because you are pretty, silly
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

Re: [Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 14th 2011, 12:46 PM

I've been texting him loads this week actually I'll ask him about bowling. I like bowling And if him, me and my other friends go it won't be so weird

Thanks.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28

Re: [Relationship/Dating Advice] I'm crap at this :| - October 15th 2011, 12:40 PM

I didn't see this thread earlier, but I think, as others have already said, that you should go for it =).
And texting him a lot is always a good thing, since then you can get used to talking to him and stuff so then you won't be so shy/nervous.
I hope it goes well in either case ^^.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Closed Thread