TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
baconlover96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nick C

Points: 6,334, Level: 11 Points: 6,334, Level: 11 Points: 6,334, Level: 11

Question depression&bullying - July 6th 2013, 01:41 AM

I always have all these bad feelngs, it seems like they wont go away. I told my mom about some things about y im always sad but she said its normal for a teenager and they will pass. should I just try to get through it? or should I just finally give up? I always feel erged to cut myself and to comitte suicide I cut myself once but im trying to stop does anyone have any advice?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17

Re: depression&bullying - July 6th 2013, 01:44 AM

Never give up! As for if it's normal or not, that's up for a doctor to decide, not your mom. If you feel this bad, and if you have thoughts of hurting yourself/ending your life, you need to talk to somebody. Is there another trusted adult you can talk to, or can you tell your mom about how you feel urges to cut/commit suicide? I think it would good if you could tell her. If not, I suggest maybe calling a suicide hotline or 911, to get medical attention, if you are currently suicidal. You can always call a hotline, even if you are just extremely depressed.

I'm sorry for any pain that you are going through right now, but life gets better, that I can promise you. Suicide doesn't end the chances of life getting any worse, it ends the chances of it getting BETTER.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Points: 28,923, Level: 24 Points: 28,923, Level: 24 Points: 28,923, Level: 24

Re: depression&bullying - July 6th 2013, 02:03 AM

Hi there. I see you are new. Welcome to TeenHelp.
It's good that you told your mom, but if they won't go away, maybe tell her again? She should take it seriously, if this does not go away. Never give up though, try to get through it. You aren't alone in this. Do you know any things that could trigger the sadness?
If you feel urged to cut try taking a look at this page: Alternatives to Self Harm
Cutting is a very addicting habit. If you've only done it once then try to stop before it gets any worse. It may seem like 'oh i'l just do it once' but that once turns into a lot more. Have you tried to tell your mom about cutting or wanting to kill yourself? It may seem really scary, but once you do it a parent can be a huge help to you.
If you are having thoughts of suicide, then that should not be taken lightly. It's your life, and that is so precious. There is so much to live for, even the littlest things.
When you feel like you are going to commit suicide, you should call a hotline. They are very nice people who want to help you.
If you ever need to talk feel free to PM or VM me.
Hope this helped!

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread