TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Points: 25,653, Level: 23 Points: 25,653, Level: 23 Points: 25,653, Level: 23

My Dream Goal/Job. - July 29th 2009, 10:02 PM

I want to go to college and get my business liscences, then I want to study phsycology, and learn about a lot of other things. hah. too many to name.

i want to be a physcologist. but i also want to open up a place for teens to go to get away. drug abusers, under age drinkers, self harmers, suicidals, pregnant, or just any teen that wants to get way from people. i don't want it to be a place they have to go though, i want it to be a place they want to go. they aren't forced to get help, maybe some will seek help, maybe others won't. i just want to open a place where teens can go and get away from the real world.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17 Points: 15,225, Level: 17

Re: My Dream Goal/Job. - July 29th 2009, 10:25 PM

I think this is a really beautiful idea Kayla.

I've always been lead to believe that the best method of recovery is when you want to recover. People find it near on impossible to get better when in their hearts they don't want to. Don't be afraid to want to look at other things, because in the long run they might help you out You really have a truly amazing vision and I wish you all the luck in the world achieving your dreams, seriously, you deserve to have this goal accomplished because its both selfless and pretty amazing to be honest.

Good Luck Kayla.

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Points: 14,202, Level: 17 Points: 14,202, Level: 17 Points: 14,202, Level: 17

Re: My Dream Goal/Job. - July 30th 2009, 01:17 AM

If it's something that you really want to do, begin research on it. Find out if you could somehow double major in Psychology and Business if that's what you want to do. Research your options early so that you have plenty of time to gather all of the vital information that you need and eventually make your final decision based on what you want. Good luck with everything. If it's something that you truly want, don't give up no matter how difficult things get.

SUP BRO.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22

Re: My Dream Goal/Job. - August 11th 2009, 07:48 PM

That's cool that you want to do stuff for business and psychology, it'll be really rewarding I'm sure. The idea for a place of refuge for teens will be rewarding too. I'm wishing you the best of luck because I know that your goal is something that a ton of people could benefit from-- not just the people seeking refuge there but also the friends and family of those people. Community is key. Good luck again, and don't give up.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: My Dream Goal/Job. - August 12th 2009, 05:32 AM

That's really cool. I want to do the same thing for my community as well because where I live there are not a lot of resources for teens and I want to be able to provide them with something.

I think what you want to do is great and if you mind is set on it I am sure you can accomplish it.
Closed Thread