TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19

anorexia - July 22nd 2011, 12:20 AM

i know this is kinda fucked up, but for i while ive been wanting to be anorexic. i know all of the its not healthy stuff, please dont lecture me. im going to kind of gradually eat less and less, so i found a diet i think might be good. its called the (edited) diet. it has certain calorie restrictions, fruits and veggies dont count toward the calories, exercising and burning calories doesnt allow you to eat more calories. the thing is, i was wondering if this diet is any good. it doesnt matter that much since i kinda am just going to not eat, but still, just want to know if i should do this first.

and also, question, what are some good things to eat with like no calories but keep you a little full so i can not eat but not has a terrible problem with it hurting?

Last edited by Just Peachy.; July 22nd 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Removing the name of a diet i feel is against the rules.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: anorexia - July 22nd 2011, 01:58 AM

I hate to burst your bubble but almost no one in these forums will help you, this forum is not pro-ana and for a reason. No one I know here is going to tell you how to develop an eating disorder, you shouldn't want this, sure it may help at first but then your body starts to store fat and that means it stores everything you eat which means you gain weight and a lot, you gain every bit of weight possible from whatever you eat. It's not fun, and it can eventually kill you, even if it doesn't get that far, you can do so much harm to your body, and from what I can tell, the diet you mentioned is not healthy at all, it requires you to have disordered eating which in no time flat can become an eating disorder. I've been through both ends of the metaphorical spectrum of ED's and I wouldn't wish it on any body. This forum is for people wishing to get better or get help, or to feel like they are not the only ones struggling yes struggling with an ed because at first it seems like the answer to all of your problems, but then when you want to eat again, you can't, you physically can not make yourself eat without the guilt and it can feel unbearable.

You need to really re think this decision and I think you should see a doctor as well as a therapist because for people who have an eating disorder or want one, you need help. I see one because I was like you I thought, "It'll solve everything, sure it's bad but I'll stop when I'm skinny," problem? You can't stop as easy as you thought, stopping the ED is so so hard and I wouldn't wish this struggle on anyway, you need to talk to someone about this, someone who can help you or get you professional help.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19

Re: anorexia - July 22nd 2011, 02:29 AM

im not asking for help on how to be anorexic. im asking for ways to at least keep it somewhat healthy. im doing it anyway, and i think it would be better to know what to eat to keep the healthiest if im not eating much of anything
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: anorexia - July 22nd 2011, 06:51 AM

The healthiest way to develop an eating disorder would to just not develop one. I went on an extreme diet and I thought I'd be okay, but I think I've developed an eating disorder now, and most of the weight I had lost is back. It isn't worth it, don't diet, just simply change how you eat, don't go to eating nothing at all, just cut back on fatty foods, eat healthy foods(to the correct servings per day too!) and drink enough water. There really isn't a healthy diet hon, not unless it's doctor prescribed, even those can be risky. Please, do not do this to yourself. If you want to get on a diet, talk to your doctor first. People here can help to a degree, but few, if any, of us are doctors. Most of us are just teenagers wanting to help. Please do not develop an eating disorder on propose, because I promise you, it is one of the worst things in the world.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: anorexia - July 22nd 2011, 06:56 PM

I am not quite sure if this is allowed since it sounds like you are asking for help with this "diet." Anorexia nervosa is a hell that you are better off without, I swear to you. It's best to turn your back on this now when you still can. When I was deep into my anorexia, I could not eat anything without awful stomach cramps. Nothing at all. So to answer your question, if you want to find foods that won't hurt and if you are at that point, no there aren't any foods that will help. You will have to stomach the pain.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
chility Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,554, Level: 13 Points: 8,554, Level: 13 Points: 8,554, Level: 13

Re: anorexia - July 23rd 2011, 02:31 PM

Extreme diets don't work.
Even if you're thinking 'I just want to go on a really strict diet, lose some weight, nice and healthy..' you could easily get stuck in that mindset. That's what happened to me and now, five months on, I have an eating disorder.
Stay out of the world of extreme diets and calorie counting. It's safer just not to look at it at all.
Not eating, or drastically eating less = quick weight loss, then binging, years of yo-yo dieting, slowing down the metabolism, and ultimately ending up weighing more than you ever have.
Exercise, a controlled, healthy diet, 2,000 calories a day = gradual, healthy weight loss that is easier to keep off.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
NyanNyan Offline
Not a n00b

Name: NyanNyan

Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14

Re: anorexia - July 27th 2011, 12:16 AM

I'm anorexic.... As for low calorie foods that will keep you full, I reccoment miso soup. It's only (edited) calories and keeps you full for a while. Also with a healthy diet, don't drink anything but water. I tried this for a few weeks before I became anorexic and lost weight. I wouldn't advise you to become anorexic...it's kind of scary and the disorder takes over your mind.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; July 27th 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: please don't post calorie numbers.
Closed Thread