TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 3rd 2022, 06:55 PM

What was your favorite grade level in school?

Mine would be fifth grade. I did a lot of reading to the point where my teacher took two other classmates out to dinner to celebrate how many points we had in our reading program. I also won some in-school awards for my writing. We did some cool projects too.
A close second would be second grade. We had a class Guinea pig and some type of reptile (I forget which but they were small), and we also had some squirrels outside our classroom. It was a mom squirrel named Sarah and her babies Sunshine and Squirt. I saw my teacher a few years ago at my college honors convocation and she literally cried because she was so happy for me!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 4th 2022, 11:10 AM

I quite enjoyed year 6, 10 and 12 due to the last years of primary and high school and knowing the whole world was out there to explore.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 4th 2022, 01:32 PM

Jealous you had a class pet, Dez! I don't think class pets are a big thing over here. Though in primary school, we had goldfish in the receptionists office. Also, lovely to hear how you saw your teacher at your college honors...that's a sweet little reunion!

Educationally, years 10-11 (15-16 years old) were my favourite grades. I loved the subjects I was studying (History, ICT, Religious Studies and French, on top of english, maths and the sciences). And all my teachers were great, particularly my History teacher who was so sarcastic and my Religious Studies teacher who I got on well with. I did super well in all my exams too. I'd argue that for me was the best of high school (I was mostly depressed and anxious), but then I also made a close friend in year 13 (18 years old) which leads me on to...

Socially and emotionally...probably years 1-2 (5-6 years old). I met a best friend who I was super close to at this point in time. It was also this time that I had my favourite teacher. I actually couldn't imagine my childhood without those two people

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 4th 2022, 03:02 PM

I'd have to say the 7th to 9th grade. They were the worst years interacting with my peers; but educationally, I thrived.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 4th 2022, 08:05 PM

School wasn't a great experience for me, but I would say I felt most comfortable in year 12/13 (sixth form). I spoke to people who Iwould have avoided all throughout high school and actually got on well with them too. I feel like I found my place a bit better then.

Otherwise, year 6 was good. I had a good teacher and good friends, and honestly life was much simpler back then

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 5th 2022, 10:09 AM

I have specific teachers but not entire school years. I struggled tremendously but no one realized or cared enough because my scores were often high. The level of stress to get there was unreal though and no child should suffer that much. I battled with procrastination, school related anxiety, worries about grades etc. and socially I was a mess.

I do remember feeling good when my peers who otherwise wanted nothing to do with me except come to me if they needed free tutoring....where in awe with my writing in 8th grade and the entire class complimented me after reading a piece in front of the class.....even said if I were to write a book they'd be in line waiting to buy it. But I wouldn't say it was my favorite year at all. A lot went down.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33

Re: What was your favorite grade level in school? - May 5th 2022, 12:30 PM

I've never liked school too much or engaged in the school life, but if I was to choose, I would definitely pick my junior high school years. That was where I met my best friends and I miss these years and my friends a lot. I have not met any people since then who would make me laugh as they did.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

Closed Thread