TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

"Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 02:55 PM

This site seems to be done half the time. What the hell is going on?

Literally... half the time. I don't think it's a problem with my internet. I don't have problems accessing any other websites.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 971532 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 04:36 PM

It's a whole site issue. We all experience it! It's extremely frustrating. And I really don't know why it goes down. From my understanding, it can be chalked up to a lot of different things. It seems like TH is going down a lot more often than it used to. I hope something is being done about this, as it is extremely frustrating! I just wanted you to know that it's not just you. It's all of us. Take care!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 05:11 PM

I don't have a clue what's wrong with it...I don't know why it's going wrong, I presume it's the server; I know of several pretty cheap hosting providers, that are extremely reliable. I know TH is big, but I'm sure it could find a server which wouldn't cost too much (and perhaps get a discount because they're TH...) and transferring the database shouldn't be too hard.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 06:08 PM

It happens for me too and obviously everyone else so it's not just you.
Yeah I hate it too! I love this site. I literally sit here for hours for the last two days refreshing the page. Yeah... I'm a TeenHelp addict lol. So happy to be able to come on here today.
I hope the servers can be fixed.

~ Christabel
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 06:32 PM

I didn't think it was just me... judging by the number of replies and new threads in some sub-forums.

This problem is loosing this site popularity. I'm not saying this to troll. It's an observation. There are a lot less people online, and there's significantly less activity.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Points: 15,021, Level: 17 Points: 15,021, Level: 17 Points: 15,021, Level: 17

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 29th 2012, 07:28 PM

Complaining doesn't accomplish anything, we aren't on a wing and a prayer. The server bugs out for a day, and yes it is unfortunate for people who frequent this site. But it does happen from time to time.

Websites and message boards cost money. Be thankful the site is still functioning. I can never understand why can't we ever see the positive traits in situations, it is always the negative.

Bah, sorry for venting out like that. I just don't think its alright to complain over something so petty. I love TH, and I dont like it when people aren't satisfied.

Just chill out, relax and enjoy yourself here. Stop being negative.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 30th 2012, 01:06 AM

Hey there,

Like everyone said, it most likely is never going to be your internet, a good way to use one of those "is this site down for just me, or everyone?" usually what I do, or check facebook.

Yeah it can get annoying especially if it goes down for a while, and a lot like it has been, but there's not much that can be done about it right now, so like everyone said try to stay calm and be patient until it comes back

And as for the less activity, I haven't noticed much, except this past week, but it's also time for the holidays and finals are coming up soon for a lot of people, so that could be a reason as well

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: "Doesn't work" - November 30th 2012, 02:58 AM

The problem with this website is the target audience. A lot of people on here are too young to have jobs, or don't make enough money to be able to donate to the website -- as a result, the maintenance of the website along with the devices to keep it running are most likely the same kind of quality that you'd see on websites such as Facebook, Google, or anything like that. As you can see, there's really not a whole lot of advertisements. I'm sure there could certainly be more advertisements added to the website, but it's tough finding an advertisement that isn't triggering to a certain audience on TH...which limits the amount of advertisements available. Because TH is growing in size, the maintenance needs to be improved -- to do that, you need time and money. If more people donated, I'm sure TH wouldn't stop working so much, but I don't really blame TH for crashing all the time, if it's a money issue. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's going on. Either way, the best thing to do is check back every once in a while...don't keep hitting the refresh button because chances are it's gonna happen again, and it's gonna keep happening in long increments. Guess we gotta start pullin' out the Minesweeper.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59 Points: 172,635, Level: 59

Re: "Doesn't work" - December 1st 2012, 04:59 AM

I totally agree that there are probably just some server issues going on that are causing the site to go down a lot. This is a site that many people frequent daily, and therefore a server like this may be having issues and go down. There needs to be more maintenance on it, but like what was previously mentioned, this site is nonprofit and would need the time and money, but not everyone is capable of donating.

It is really frustrating when it goes down and I'll admit I haven't been the most patient with it coming up some of the time due to relying on the site too much. I think that everyone should find a way to cope when the site is down. For instance, they can copy the numbers of hotlines they may frequently use down, as well as alternatives to self harm, reasons to live, and anything else they may find helpful to them so that it is right there at their disposal. I know that you may want to write on the forums, call in to Live Help, or send in a ticket to HelpLINK. Those will all be there when the site goes back up, and in the meantime you can write out your problems in a piece of paper or on the computer somewhere to vent them out, and you can post and ask for advice when it gets back. You can try to get in touch with people, whether they are THers (be safe, though!) or friends in real life as well for support.

Try to find things to pass the time, such as games or reading a good book. It'll be back up before you know it.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22

Re: "Doesn't work" - December 3rd 2012, 06:51 PM

A lot of people do not know whats wrong with the site when it does go down. When it goes down try to get your mind off things and just keep yourself busy. Its a website. Try going outside, read a book, draw something. Do something you love to do till its back up. Sometimes its not down long sometimes It is. It gets hard to be away from it. But it is possible.
Closed Thread