TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 08:21 PM

My old self is departing from here. New year means new me. Good bye to my old self. Hello to my new self. You guys will be happy to know that my old self is departing from here. I will be much better behaved on here . My goal for the new year will be to get at least two volunteer roles on here and be the most amazing volunteer here. I love to help people and I truly care.

I thought you could be yourself here and thats what I really needed was a place to be myself but I realize now that I can not be totally myself here because it makes me get infractions and banned which I do not want that. I thought I could express my self freely. When I am angry let me be angry and vent and say what I want. If some one is rude to me I just let it go not report them but obviously that will change now since every one wants to get me in trouble all the time. This place really likes to get people in trouble for every little things instead of just letting little things go and or just deleting it. I know I have to keep stuff in to behave here and that I have to think a lot more before I speak well think before I write/ type lol but you know what I mean.
Some things I am doing to change are making a list of people that have been nice to me here so I have people I know I can go to when things are upsetting me here and to vent to. Another thing is I am over analyzing everything I say on here and editing and or deleting when I feel I might get in trouble for something so I do not get in trouble.

I am changing. New me uploading slowly and fully uploaded when the clock strikes midnight tonight LOL
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoglover View Post
My old self is departing from here. New year means new me. Good bye to my old self. Hello to my new self. You guys will be happy to know that my old self is departing from here. I will be much better behaved on here . My goal for the new year will be to get at least two volunteer roles on here and be the most amazing volunteer here. I love to help people and I truly care.

I thought you could be yourself here and thats what I really needed was a place to be myself but I realize now that I can not be totally myself here because it makes me get infractions and banned which I do not want that. I thought I could express my self freely. When I am angry let me be angry and vent and say what I want. If some one is rude to me I just let it go not report them but obviously that will change now since every one wants to get me in trouble all the time. This place really likes to get people in trouble for every little things instead of just letting little things go and or just deleting it. I know I have to keep stuff in to behave here and that I have to think a lot more before I speak well think before I write/ type lol but you know what I mean.
Some things I am doing to change are making a list of people that have been nice to me here so I have people I know I can go to when things are upsetting me here and to vent to. Another thing is I am over analyzing everything I say on here and editing and or deleting when I feel I might get in trouble for something so I do not get in trouble.

I am changing. New me uploading slowly and fully uploaded when the clock strikes midnight tonight LOL

Before you go, read Thoughts From Afar.

Hugs! Happy New Year, and happy you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 10:37 PM

My old self is departing but my new self will be here.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39

Re: Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 11:34 PM

I think aiming to improve things is something everyone should do all the time - self improvement is a way to grow and taking on board the things people say is always a positive thing. Please don't ever feel like you have to entirely reinvent yourself though! Anger, frustration, and upset are all legitimate ways to feel and you're entirely right to find ways to express them. The thing is, Teenhelp is a safespace for everyone, not just you, which means that sometimes censorship is necessary to maintain that. It's not anybody saying they want you in trouble or that they don't like the person you are, it's just a way for this wonderful safespace to ve EVERYONES safespace!

That being said, I really hope you meet your goals for the new year! It's clear you really want to help people and I love that you're aiming to do that. I also think the list of people who are kind to you, who you feel you can contact is a good thing too. It's handy to have contacts for when things get tough because they become part of your toolbox for coping. I hope that it's a helpful thing for you to do and that it makes your time here more pleasant. The last thing anybody wants is to see you unhappy here, so please know that we're glad you're here and definitely want for you to find a place and purpose here!

Happy new year! I look forward to seeing what the new year brings for you here.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Bye...... - December 31st 2020, 11:38 PM

thanks {:

Take care
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Bye...... - January 2nd 2021, 08:52 AM

I'm sorry to see you go but I understand why. Take care of yourself.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Bye...... - January 2nd 2021, 10:18 PM

I look forward to seeing what the new year brings for you! New year, new you!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Bye...... - January 4th 2021, 11:17 AM