TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FeelBeautiful Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,955, Level: 11 Points: 5,955, Level: 11 Points: 5,955, Level: 11

Late Period, Stressed, Belly Hurts, HELP! - December 26th 2013, 02:07 AM

Well for about the past week i've been freaking out thinking im pregnant. I've been EXTREMELY stressed, im worried about it all day and all night.
I've been taking birth control the last year or so but came off of it because it started turning me into a fat whale..anyways,
I was taking depo (it gave me irregular periods) then I started taking the pill, TriNessa and my periods started coming back somewhat normal.

Last month i started my period (around Nov 20th) and it was heavy but did not last long, maybe 4 or 5 days and here it is Dec 25th
I did have sex but I have no idea when (probably around 10 days earlier or so, so about Nov 10th maybe? Idk) and I'm pretty sure the boyfriend had a condom on the whole time

I have no idea whats causing this, maybe me freaking out? Anyone have similar experiences?
Also, I may have an ovarian cyst, but never went to the doc to confirm this, could that be another reason possibly?

I have had barely any cramps and today my whole belly has been hurting (not sure if thats related) and its been growling
Also a few weeks earlier my ovaries were also hurting really bad, there was a sharp pain, maybe due to the cysts (?)
Another problem ive had is a few days ago there was a burning sensation in my lower left abdomen

Please share any information you have with me, thanks!!

Last edited by FeelBeautiful; December 26th 2013 at 02:59 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Late Period, Stressed, Belly Hurts, HELP! - December 26th 2013, 11:08 AM

How long were you off one form of birth control before you started the other? If they were fairly close, you should still be protected. It will take a few months before you regulate and before you're fully protected again. How long since you last had unprotected sex? Have you had a period since then? If not, wait until your next period is due, and after that, after 14 days since the unprotected sex you can take a pregnancy test to clarify things. If your boyfriend was wearing a condom, your chances of being pregnant have lessened again. But as with all forms of contraception, they can fail.

Being stressed and the change in contraceptives could effect the normality and regularity of your periods until they work themselves out. This could be why you haven't had a period yet. As for the aches and pains, chances are it's just your body getting used to a new form of contraception.

If you think you have a cyst, it's important that you see a doctor. It would be good for you to get it diagnosed and get treatment for it if necessary. And atleast then you can get clarification of whether you're pregnant or not, too.

Hopefully, seeing a doctor will get all these issues sorted for you so you can know what's going on with your body.

Take care.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Late Period, Stressed, Belly Hurts, HELP! - December 26th 2013, 02:57 PM

I think your best option right now would be to take a pregnancy test. You can buy them over the counter at most grocery stores or pharmacies. If you are pregnant the test will be accurate in being able to detect that by now. If you aren’t pregnant and the pain continues for a couple more weeks, I would speak to your doctor about that. You mentioned cysts, so I am not sure if you already have them or think you may have them. Either way, it’s something to talk to your doctor about. But I think your first step would be to take a pregnancy test just to make sure.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
FeelBeautiful Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,955, Level: 11 Points: 5,955, Level: 11 Points: 5,955, Level: 11

Re: Late Period, Stressed, Belly Hurts, HELP! - December 29th 2013, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the responses

I went to the doctor and had a urine test done and it came back neg, they weren't 100% sure why my period didn't come...maybe the birth control,stress,or cysts..
They went ahead and put me on BC again so it will regulate the periods and help cysts from occurring.
Going to go ahead and take a few at home tests just to confirm i'm not preg, i'm paranoid I guess, I keep thinking "what if the test didn't work, what if it was too early, what if they didn't wait long enough, ect"
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Late Period, Stressed, Belly Hurts, HELP! - December 29th 2013, 04:26 PM

Try not to stress about it too much, the doctors test said negative so chances are you're not pregnant. The more you stress about it, the worse you'll feel. A few weeks of being on the birth control will help regulate you and make you feel better about everything. Bare in mind that your periods will be slightly irregular now you've started birth control until they regulate after a month or two.
Closed Thread