TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WallersFarm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cortney

Points: 6,515, Level: 11 Points: 6,515, Level: 11 Points: 6,515, Level: 11

Period Issues - May 28th 2014, 12:52 AM

Hey y'all I went to my doctor today for a checkup and i told her about it how I bleed heavily and how I get nauseated and all that junky stuff and she did blood work and all that good stuff but now I'm worried about the test results what's the chance of me having a cyst in one or both of my ovaries? sorry if this sounds jumbled I'm just worn out and worried about all this I'm only 14 and my mom is more worried then I am but then that makes me even more worried

i'm a recovering self harmer I'm 11 Months clean its been a long hard road but somehow i'm making it through
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Period Issues - May 28th 2014, 08:20 PM

Hi there,

First of all try not to worry too much. Worrying won't make the test results come back faster and you could just be getting worked up over nothing if the results come back normal anyway.

What other tests did they do at the doctors? Ovarian cysts are most commonly diagnosed by chance usually if you have an ultrasound scan or the doctor may press on your abdomen to see if they can feel anything and if they did they would book you in for a scan most likely. Blood tests are usually conducted after the presence of a cyst is confirmed so there's a good chance the doctor may not even be looking for cysts right now unless they told you they were specifically.

Having heavy periods and feeling nauseous during your period could be a symptom of many other things so don't jump to the conclusion of cysts too fast. The following link shows that heavy periods can be caused by many things : http://www.patient.co.uk/health/heav...ds-menorrhagia

Even if you do get diagnosed with having cysts it's not the end of the world and most cysts disappear by themselves without any complications.

I hope this helped, good luck for the results
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WallersFarm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Period Issues - May 29th 2014, 03:30 PM

thanks they are checking to see if I'm anemic and something else the results should come back today or tomorrow I feel better now it was just I was to tired that made me get worked up over this plus my mom didn't help either she was crying and being upset

i'm a recovering self harmer I'm 11 Months clean its been a long hard road but somehow i'm making it through
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
WallersFarm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Period Issues - June 9th 2014, 07:20 PM

my test results came back I'm not anemic so where does this leaves me?

Closed Thread